Sega Ages 2500

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Sega Ages 2500

Postby Ome_Joop » Wed Nov 24, '10, 11:12 am

I'm not going to ask for a remake of PS3 or PS4 (altough i really would want those) but my question is just a little bit easier to answer...
I have a few games of the 2500 series and they all came with a hard plastic game card wich you could put in a map (which came with Sega Ages Volume 1) or atleast i thought they all came with it but i recently discovered i'm missing the one!
Did volume 32 (the Phantasy Star Complete collection) have this card because i'm 100% sure mine didn't have one?
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Re: Sega Ages 2500

Postby xellos667 » Wed Nov 24, '10, 12:38 pm

Nope, it stopped at the middle of the Sega Ages, when 3D Ages was fired. So PSCC does not have a card unfortunately
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby Ome_Joop » Wed Nov 24, '10, 1:08 pm

Thanks (didn't know they stopped making those cards)!
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Postby PSP » Thu Nov 25, '10, 4:51 am

xellos667 wrote:Nope, it stopped at the middle of the Sega Ages, when 3D Ages was fired. So PSCC does not have a card unfortunately

Err, 3D Ages wasn't fired per se. It just ceased to exist. Sega folded the joint venture between itself and D3 (which Sega held the majority interest in) back into Sega proper and completed the few games in progress (Virtua Fighter 2, PSG:2 and Dragon Force I believe) then switched predominately to retro compilations (read: easy cash-ins).
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby PSjunkie » Thu Nov 25, '10, 9:56 am

Talking about Sega Ages 2500, yesterday I bought PS Generation 1 & 2 plus PS complete collection. I already have them in another country, I could get them sent over but it's good to have extra copies for when I'm heaps older. :D
PSjunkie
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 30

Postby xellos667 » Thu Nov 25, '10, 1:37 pm

Maybe fired was not the good word indeed, all I know is that the partnership ended at one point. Hency why the cards also stopped :)

Anyway, great purchase PSjunkie, with those 3 Sega Ages 2500 titles, you pretty much have everything classic saga related. I should try to play again Generations 2 sometimes, to try and do the revival process another time, but after my failure the first time, even while being extra cautious at every step of the adventure, doing more things than necessary just to be 100% sure, let's just say I have a bitter taste left in my mouth of this whole convoluted method (plus my initial game, I already have a Rolf-Rud0-Amy-Anna party all at LV99 with perfect equipement, created items in the mix. So I don't feel like doing it again)...
Last edited by xellos667 on Thu Nov 25, '10, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Return to Other Classics