Eating while driving

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Eating while driving

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 18, '11, 3:15 pm

I can hardly believe it but some people do seem to eat food while they are driving a car at the same time. Seems like a dangerous thing to do, but talking on a cell-phone while driving is also dangerous but that still doesn't stop some people from doing it, so I guess some people won't even think about eating while driving also. :yaknow:

Here's an interesting article telling about the ten worst foods to eat while driving, and some of them I can certainly see why it would be a bad idea to do that:

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/the ... id=6788363

Do you know anyone who eats while driving at the same time? Do they eat any of these foods or something else?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Eating while driving

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Feb 18, '11, 3:42 pm

That is too much! I've seen people eat a small candy while driving, but just these things that you can unwrap and eat while the traffic lights are red. To eat big foods is absurd, specially the cereal, since it is the most difficult to eat without paying attention.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby xellos667 » Fri Feb 18, '11, 3:49 pm

I'm guilty :( Sometimes when I need to go somewhere fast without eating, I stop to pick something fast at some fast-food restaurant (mostly Subway...sometimes McDonald), and I eat while driving high-speed on the highway. I'm not proud of it, and I know at one point it can become dangerous. But I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who do that from time to time (not frequently I assure you)...at least, I hope I'm not the only one...
Last edited by xellos667 on Fri Feb 18, '11, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Feb 18, '11, 4:07 pm

Many will not admit it, don't worry. I can surely say I don't eat while driving because I don't drive :p
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 18, '11, 11:37 pm

Basically the same as tili. I think trying eat while biking would be harder than eating while driving!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Sat Feb 19, '11, 1:18 pm

I'm guilty of doing this :blank: . But it's quite hard to plan and sit down to eat breakfast when your required to start the days work at an ungodly 5.00am. So yes I have been driving before while eating small things like muesli bars and apples.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sat Feb 19, '11, 11:21 pm

I haven't eaten while driving myself, but I've rode with someone who does occasionally. He never ate anything big while driving, at least that I can recall. A few french fries, maybe the occasional ice cream cone. If you're careful, I don't think small foods are much of a risk. Of course, any distraction can be dangerous in some circumstances.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Delectable Delicacies