PSIII Credits, Ozaki Gallery, Feedback Forum Added

Site and forum news announced on the front page.

PSIII Credits, Ozaki Gallery, Feedback Forum Added

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 11, '07, 7:33 pm

The Phantasy Star III section is now home to a gallery of artwork by Toyo Ozaki and a Game Credits page. A few of the older Profiles also have slight revisions.

As far as I know, there was no dedicated gallery of Toyo Ozaki's (she was the lead character designer on PSIII) artwork online anywhere, so I gathered together what I have of it to share with all of you. Most of the art in this gallery comes from her old website, which has been closed for some years now. Unfortunately there are a few pieces of her art that I don't have, but the gallery is as complete as I can make it right now.

There's really nothing important to speak of in the Profiles update; it's mainly just some grammar or spelling corrections. I did add a little bit about Newmans vs. Numans to the Nei and Neifirst profiles, but that's the biggest change.

The Feedback forum is a way to report problems with the site or make suggestions. Read the announcement topic in that forum for more information.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 12, '07, 1:09 am

The gallery is a very unique addition. It's interesting to see some of the storyboards in comparison to the final products in the game! :wink:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Wed Sep 12, '07, 2:32 am

Wow, I've seen most of this...but I've never seen two of those Kara pictures! :o

There used to be a website called Algol Star System (I could be off on the name) that hosted a page with Toyo's art, but that site went down some time ago. Shame too, that site was pretty good. :(

Thanks for sharing what you have, it's always great to see Toyo's art. I think she's the biggest inspiration for me when it comes to PSIII, honestly. I love her style and her designs. :yes:

Also, when I tried clicking on a few images, I'd get a "file not found" page. :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 12, '07, 7:42 pm

It looks like some of the images didn't get uploaded the first time. They should all be there now. Thanks for letting me know about that problem.

I've heard Algol Star System was a pretty nice site; it's a pity it went down. Yet another casualty among PS fan sites.

I always enjoyed seeing Ozaki's artwork, too. Out of all the art styles used in the series, it was my favorite. It seemed more expressive than the others.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tsunami » Thu Sep 13, '07, 12:13 am

Thoul wrote:It looks like some of the images didn't get uploaded the first time. They should all be there now. Thanks for letting me know about that problem.

No problem, happy that I could help. :D

I've heard Algol Star System was a pretty nice site; it's a pity it went down. Yet another casualty among PS fan sites.

It's still viewable through internet archives...however, sometimes pages and miscellaneous things may still be missing.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 13, '07, 10:25 pm

Eh, I never really liked looking at sites in that archive place. They're usually incomplete and missing a ton of stuff.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Announcements