Sarah Palin series

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Sarah Palin series

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 25, '10, 7:51 pm

Well, as if being a former Governor and former vice-Presidential candidate were not enough, now Sarah Palin will have her own reality series possibly called "Sarah Palin's Alaska":

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/21835

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Report-Disc ... 16562.aspx

It will be interesting to see how the show does. Alaska is a beautiful place and it should be interesting seeing and learning more about it.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Sarah Palin series

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 25, '10, 8:01 pm

No wonder she left politics. There's a lot more money in being a celebrity.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 25, '10, 11:00 pm

Thoul wrote:No wonder she left politics. There's a lot more money in being a celebrity.

I could not have said it better. I just hope that she doesn't complain about media attention anymore. >_>
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Fri Mar 26, '10, 12:54 am

Chances are that someone will poke fun at this and she'll cry foul in order to increase her fame.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 26, '10, 1:43 am

She feeds on criticism. :lol: Maybe she will hire someone to poke at her for this so she can build that into her next project.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Mar 26, '10, 9:10 pm

Well, I don't think the criticisms of Sarah Palin will ever end, no matter what she does or doesn't do. :yaknow:

That's life, I guess. :ziplip:

Atleast she is in good company with many, many other politicians, and others who shall remain nameless here if for nothing else, lack of space to type them all. :D

Granted, it seems she is going to be making a hefty salary from doing this series, but in that she is not alone as anyone knows who has any idea of the salaries of various tv celebrities and other factors, etc.

One thing that I think is great from all this, and that hasn't been mentioned very much is how Alaska will profit and benefit from a show and added exposure such as this will surely bring. It is sure to result in extra travel and tourism there and more. One thing I believe is safe to say about Sarah Palin, it seems she does really love Alaska! Although I suppose some would even argue that fact. :duck:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby OhNoHumans » Sun Mar 28, '10, 6:04 pm

How long could she possibly keep that up, anyway, Thoul? It seems like something one could quickly burn out on quite easily. And she hasn't always been like that, has she? :lol:
"...Please don't look at me that way. It's not nice."
OhNoHumans
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Sun Mar 28, '10, 7:24 pm

I don't know, some people have pretty thick skins. :lol: Maybe she's decided that if there will always be critics talking about her, she should just make good use of them to bring in some cash. ;)

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Atleast she is in good company with many, many other politicians, and others who shall remain nameless here if for nothing else, lack of space to type them all. :D

Hm, isn't it interesting how politicians go into entertainment and entertainers go into politics?

One thing that I think is great from all this, and that hasn't been mentioned very much is how Alaska will profit and benefit from a show and added exposure such as this will surely bring.

Yeah, it will probably help them there. Not too many people can afford vacations these days, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 28, '10, 8:58 pm

Thoul wrote:I don't know, some people have pretty thick skins. :lol: Maybe she's decided that if there will always be critics talking about her, she should just make good use of them to bring in some cash. ;)

And, maybe she's decided that people are going to talk no matter what she does, so she's going to keep doing what she thinks is best for her, her family, and this country, and let the critics have to answer for themselves.

Thoul wrote:
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Atleast she is in good company with many, many other politicians, and others who shall remain nameless here if for nothing else, lack of space to type them all. :D

Hm, isn't it interesting how politicians go into entertainment and entertainers go into politics?

Yes, I think it is. Many have made the switch from one career to the other, for whatever reasons, and then some have even made the switch back again. Look at Fred Thompson, he was an actor, then a politician, then back to acting. Of course, Arnold S. comes to mind. Ben ??? who played on "Dukes Of Hazard" was an actor, then politician, then possibly an actor again. Many others too numerous to mention. Guess I better mention former President Ronald Reagan who was an actor and then politican. Some people are very talented and have the diversity and courage to fit into other worlds, careers, etc.

One thing that I think is great from all this, and that hasn't been mentioned very much is how Alaska will profit and benefit from a show and added exposure such as this will surely bring.

Yeah, it will probably help them there. Not too many people can afford vacations these days, though.[/quote]

Many people can't afford it, but there will be people who can. Even in bad economy's there will be some people taking vacations or traveling for enjoyment or business or other opportunities.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Tubular Television