Smash Bros. favorites returning ?

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Smash Bros. favorites returning ?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 26, '14, 4:59 pm

More rumors or news is abound regarding some of the old favorites that may, or may not, be returning in the new Super Smash Bros. Could we be seeing Ness again, and the Duck Hunt Dog also??

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/25/606568 ... ter-roster

http://www.businessinsider.com/super-sm ... aks-2014-8

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Smash Bros. favorites returning ?

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Aug 27, '14, 2:06 am

I saw this on kotaku a day or two ago. I'm not really sure how much I trust the leaked information. I hope we'll see Ness again, and seeing as how he's been in the series since the beginning I bet we will be seeing Ness again, but the Duck Hunt Dog? Really? That's the sort of thing that's making me have very mixed feelings about the next Smash.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Aug 27, '14, 3:38 am

Ness is gonna be in it, just like Falcon. It is looking like Lucas isn't going to be in if this leak is real, and it's looking increasingly like it is. The Duck Hunt Dog is definitely odd, but I think it's kind of awesome. I remember people were freaking out about R.O.B. and Game and Watch and all those characters, but they're a part of Nintendo history, and now they're an accepted part of Smash. I'm wondering if this means we might be seeing a new Duck Hunt game some time soon. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't one for the Wii, the system seemed like it was made for that kind of game.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the roster so far, as it's looking. Sad to see that Wolf and Ice Climbers and Lucas don't look to be in it, but they could be DLC'd in later.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Sep 2, '14, 12:31 am

Bragatyr wrote:
But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the roster so far, as it's looking. Sad to see that Wolf and Ice Climbers and Lucas don't look to be in it, but they could be DLC'd in later.

Yeah, not having Wolf O'Donnell would hurt for me as he was EASILY my best fighter in Brawl. Granted I hadn't thought of the DLC option, so there is SOME hope I guess...
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Bragatyr » Tue Sep 2, '14, 3:26 am

Absolutely, I'm really hoping he makes it in at one point or another. He was my main when I first started going to Brawl tournaments, I think he's a really fun and interesting character. Wolf is awesome, and Smash needs more villain representatives, anyway.

But hey, speaking of Smash, I'm stoked about the Shulk reveal. It was very much expected after the leak, but man, all the Xenoblade presence this is going to bring is going to be amazing. The music, the stages, the bosses...it's probably the biggest thing to happen to Smash since, well, Mega Man.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Return to Retro Roundup