Sailor Moon - Uncut and Digitally Remastered

Drawn or CGI, animated movies and shows fit well with the gaming crowd.

Sailor Moon - Uncut and Digitally Remastered

Postby Tweeg » Tue Jul 15, '14, 5:03 am

Pre-order for Sailor Moon DVD/BD Set 1 has opened. But as it shall be uncut and with a completely new dub, there will not be any of this catchy tune to be had.:

And now a word from he who's name shall not be typed regarding the pre-order.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Re: Sailor Moon - Uncut and Digitally Remastered

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 15, '14, 7:39 am

Tweeg wrote:And now a word from he who's name shall not be typed regarding the pre-order.

Voldemort? Nah just kidding. But seriously, I forgot how catchy that tune was. It's been a really long time since I watched Sailor Moon. Who knows, I might even get this so my niece can watch something decent. Most kid shows suck now-a-days. There's a few I don't mind but there's a lot that just make me shake my head in shame.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby MrKite » Wed Jul 16, '14, 12:52 am

I'm not looking forward to this, because there was a lot of support to get Terri Hawkes to return as Sailor Moon for the new dub, and VIZ gets the license, and just spits in people's faces despite this and the success of the Terri Hawkes return for Sailor Moon 2014 page on Facebook. That was a really jerk move by them. And I will not be supporting VIZ's new dub because of this and will be boycotting them. And don't tell me that VIZ couldn't get her back just because they have different voice actors. ADV Films got Reuben Langdon to reprise Dante when they dubbed the Devil May Cry anime, so they could've very easily got Terri back. There's no excuse. And the cast of this new dub is only appealing to the same people into the same modern day trash like Sword Art Online. Luckily there's still Robotech Academy to look forward to, which will have original VAs in it and not an all new cast for no reason.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby R-90-2 » Wed Jul 16, '14, 1:53 am

I doubt the intention was to spit in anyone's faces- Terri Hawkes just plain isn't available to do any voice work right now, considering she's working on her PhD in Theater Studies. There's no way she'd have time to do any time to do that kind of committed voice work and her academics- at that level of study, she's lucky if she has time to breathe.
Last edited by R-90-2 on Wed Jul 16, '14, 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Tweeg » Wed Jul 16, '14, 2:13 am

I'm kind with MrKite on this one. But then again, perhaps Ms. Hawkes didn't want to reprise the roll or her voice hadn't aged in a way that allowed her to immitate a convincing enough Sailor Moon voice anymore. It has been almost twenty years since she originally voice Serina afterall, she's hardly a teenager, not that she was a teenager then either.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 16, '14, 3:33 am

Is this for the new series/reboot they're planning to do or is this just a redub of the old series?
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Snorb » Wed Jul 16, '14, 5:12 am

From what I gathered, I think Stephanie Sheh's doing the voices for both the Sailor Moon 90s retranslated anime and Sailor Moon Crystal.

Aaaaaaaargh, why do I have to wait four more days before my favorite Sailor Guardian debuts?!
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 16, '14, 11:50 am

Sooo, Sailor Moon Crystal is the new series and there's also this new redub. Interesting. Veeery interersting.

Wowee. 30+$ for 23 episodes of a show that is over 20 years old. They be milking us like cashcows.

I'll stick to my old episodes, thanks.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Wed Jul 16, '14, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Postby Snorb » Wed Jul 16, '14, 12:36 pm

Welcome to the world of buying non-American television!!

(is still bitter about having to spend $90 for Christopher Eccleston's sole season as the Ninth Doctor back in 2009)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 16, '14, 12:57 pm

Myeah well I recall buying my Babylon 5 boxes for $80/season. Especially since nowadays they go for about $8-10 on Amazon. Apparently it's the other way around with Japanime.

I wonder if I could turn a profit by selling my old Sailor Moon Japanese DVD boxset.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Next

Return to Awesome Animation