Dark Knight

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Dark Knight

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 23, '08, 3:15 am

"Dark Knight" is the upcoming Batman movie starring Christian Bale as Batman, and Heath Ledger as "The Joker". The movie is supposed to be released later on this year, I think. Are you looking forward to the movie and the next "Batman" saga?

How do you think the death today of actor Heath Ledger who plays the Joker character will affect the movie, or not, in the way it is seen, does at the box office, reviews, etc.?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 23, '08, 5:12 am

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a bit hesitant to see it. I really enjoyed Batman Begins for the most part, so I have confidence that the creative talent involved can make a great movie. Some of the stuff I've heard about the treatment the Joker character got, creatively speaking, makes me wonder if that aspect is going to be good or too over the top. It will certainly be different than any other performance of the character before, but I'm worried that it might be a little too intense and lack the character's traditional humorous streak.

As for Ledger's death, I can't see it having much of an affect on the actual movie, other than perhaps a dedication being added. The movie is already in post production, so all of the scenes have been filmed and whatnot. I'm sure a lot of reviews will touch on it being one of Ledger's last performances and a lot of people might go see it just for that reason.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 23, '08, 11:14 am

I guess I'm a bit behind the times, but I actually only just saw all of "Batman Begins" when it was on television the other night.

We have the DVD of the movie and I remember playing it when it first came out, but I fell asleep middle way through the movie, lol, and never watched it again.

From what I saw the other night, I liked "Batman Begins" fairly well. Christian Bale was pretty good. I really enjoyed the aspect they showed of the relationship a young Batman had with his father. The fear of the Bats and overcoming that was a bit intriguing. I don't like 'em either, lol. Too bad about Wayne Manor burning down to the ground - but what an opportunity to rebuild and redesign! :yaknow:

As far as Ledger's death, yes, I think it will have some impact on the movie. I have been seeing scenes with him playing "The Joker" all evening since the news of his death came out, and I had no idea this character was to be portrayed in this "scary" fashion. There are even news reports that the actor himself was bothered by the demonic side of the character so much that he had trouble sleeping - which I find highly disturbing! If it affected him so much, then what kind of an impact will it have on young children who see this movie, or even adults for that matter. I must admit, it has me a bit worried. :eyebrow:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jan 24, '08, 6:21 am

I happened to watch Larry King Live tonight on tv and they were talking about Heath Ledger's death and his acting stint in the Batman movie, and how it would affect the movie, etc. They showed a few clips of the movie.

One of the guests on tonight was actor Eric Roberts (brother of actress Julia Roberts). Eric is also in the movie "Dark Knight" and he told of a scene he was in with Heath and how good Heat was in the roll, etc. It was an interesting program. Eric is a very good actor also. Larry King asked Eric if we would like him in the role, and Eric said something to the effect of "you will like - not liking it". Interesting.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films