Rune Walsh - A gift for RW

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Re: Rune Walsh - A gift for RW

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jul 9, '10, 10:37 pm

You're welcome. ^_^

Xander wrote:You should get some more of your bird drawings up here when you have the time. I liked the last one you did. :)

I've been trying. I actually finished one a month ago, but I totally forgot to take pictures and such before sealing it in an envelope and mailing it to my dad. >_< Then I nearly finished one...and then spilled beer on it, totally ruining it and the sketchbook it was in. I do have another about half done, but if I don't feel like drawing I don't force it, as then I don't do my best work. But seeing as how it's supposed to rain here in the Hudson valley all weekend, it's going to be a read-draw-game kind of weekend, so maybe I'll finish it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 9, '10, 11:17 pm

I thought I had already commented on this one, but looking over this thread I didn't find a post I had previously made, so I guess I didn't have time before when I was looking at it, or forgot, or something. Anyway, I love this one too! The colors are fantastic, especially the background...luv it! :clap:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 14, '10, 12:10 am

I'll have to ask Atlin in his thread to include this piece, as well as my smexy Rune drawing (*points to sig*) as a collage of sorts.

Thanks again, Xan-san! ^^
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Jul 14, '10, 9:06 am

Ok, Xan. I've got some more constructive criticism for you.

Rune's face, as a bishounen, is too broad. Normally, these type of male characters in manga have very slender, delicate, almost feminine features. Not that I should have you drawing Rune looking like a girl, and his ponytail need a lot of work as well.

You might want to use fewer pencil strokes next time. Also, his body tapers too much towards the bottom, if you look at the comparison between his shoulders (which are quite broad) and waist, and that's far too narrow for a male character. I'll layoff for the hands for now, because every artist knows that's their worst enemy. ^^ Absolute pain to draw...

So, that's it for now. :)
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 14, '10, 4:26 pm

Again, you're welcome RW. :)

Thanks Lyla. yeah I think if I narrowed the face on his right side it would do the trick, but that's something I can't really change. :p

The waist is something everyone seems to have cottoned onto except me. I can't believe I missed it. As I said earlier, I think the problem is that I allowed the pencil to curve to the left too much on one side and thus narrowed it.

Anyhoo, that's the world of fanart for you. Never quite perfect. If I wanted an exact copy I'd just trace the character drawings instead! :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 14, '10, 11:54 pm

Xander wrote:
Anyhoo, that's the world of fanart for you. Never quite perfect. If I wanted an exact copy I'd just trace the character drawings instead! :D

Exactly. It's fan art, people, not fine art - so in my opinion it doesn't deserve the seriousness of true art critique (although this drawing rocks, and I say that not just because it's for me!). Art is more than just perfect angles and flawless medium - look at Picaso's and Dali's work for reference.

That said, it's good to see you're on the art site; I saw that others have faved some of your work! Pat yourself on the back, now. :clap:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Xander » Thu Jul 15, '10, 11:06 am

Yeah I'm actually kind of surprised people are so readily doing that. But I'm not complaining. :D I need to get started on my next piece already but I just can't seem to get the time or mood for it. So annoying. >_<
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Previous

Return to Artwork