Chaz and Rika's... son?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Chaz and Rika's... son?

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Jun 15, '08, 5:29 am

A long time ago, I came across some information (supposedly canon by Sega, inc.) that displayed drawings of Rika, with a child named Rui, who is, presumably, Chaz's. I also remember reading that Chaz also died. Anwyay, it was a long time ago, so I've forgotten details.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Can it be confirmed as canon?
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby newsblade » Sun Jun 15, '08, 4:43 pm

Those drawings are sketches from Phantasy Star Compendium (page 55)

Rika's character design Yoshida planed (in his mind) a story after the events of Phantasy Star IV where Chaz and Rika had a son called Rui (and on the events of those sketches Rika became a hunter and Chaz had already died)... but those were only "just little diversions [he] dreamed up for [his] own amusement". It seams that PS team also stated it wasn't official/cannon, just sketches that Yoshida made.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Sun Jun 15, '08, 11:10 pm

still a bummer though
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Jun 16, '08, 9:08 am

newsblade wrote:Those drawings are sketches from Phantasy Star Compendium (page 55)

Rika's character design Yoshida planed (in his mind) a story after the events of Phantasy Star IV where Chaz and Rika had a son called Rui (and on the events of those sketches Rika became a hunter and Chaz had already died)... but those were only "just little diversions [he] dreamed up for [his] own amusement". It seams that PS team also stated it wasn't official/cannon, just sketches that Yoshida made.

Thank you! :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jun 23, '08, 9:26 am

Psh, they should have had a daughter.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Phantasy Star IV