Rune's travels

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Re: Rune's travels

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 11, '07, 1:55 am

Thoul wrote:Well, look at all the hidden places Demi and Wren knew about. The machine center, spaceports, and Nurvus were all buried until one of them made those places rise above the sand or snow. Rune's ship, if he had one, could be hidden in a similar place.

Yeah, at the start of the game, we didn't even know Zelan or Kuran existed either. This is a tad off topic, but speaking of hidden things in Algo, one thing I'd like explained in greater detail is the space pirate Tyler in PSII. Are/were there other space pirates out there? That'd make the Shir ship idea more plausible.

Thoul wrote:Yeah, he stayed on Motavia. He still had the Psycho Wand, so I imagine he wanted to put it and the Aero-Prism back in storage.
Ah, thanks. I suppose Rune likes the warmer climate on Motavia :lol: You'd think I'd have watched the ending in all my play-testing of my patches, but I always exited after wiping out the uber nasty version of the PD I created. :)
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 11, '07, 6:19 am

Yeah, the space pirate thing would have been nice to hear more about. There wasn't any mention of others, but I imagine he couldn't be the only pirate out there. I mean, someone has to maintain the ship, provide him with parts, food, ammo, and so on. He's got to have some contacts somewhere.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Divine Dragon » Mon Jul 16, '07, 8:02 am

I think I touched on this in the PSIV quiz I made.. xD *nudge nudge*
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Postby newsblade » Wed Mar 12, '08, 10:30 pm

Gryz wrote:That's beyond me. Probably that's where magic comes into play

I think the skill Rune used to travel between mota and dezo is the same ancient power sages (espers) gave to Miew (the "grantz" technique). Well, we know that androids cannot use "techs", only "skills" and this two kind of powers only became clear distinguishable in PSIV. So, if we could apply grantz in PSIV it certainly would be catalogued in the skill section. "Megid" on the other way is a "tech" and is used in PSII to IV.

So how grantz is better than Ryuka and Hinas?
First, let's assume grantz to be a skill only used by Espers/Sages. We know that espers have skills which are high superior versions of palman's techs, as we can see in Hewn>Zan, Flaeli>Foi, Warla>Deban, etc. To me "Grantz" would be the unified version of Hinas and Ryuka with no difference if the owner is escaping or traveling to towns or even planets (inside the same star system or spaceship system).

But why haven't Rune used this before, for instance when they lost the first spaceship? Several possible reasons:
a) He didn't wanted them to know he was Lutz, and wanted to see if Raja plan worked
b) The distance to travel depends on the number of people who goes with him (ex: alone can travel between mota and dezo, with 1 person can travel across the quicksand and with 3 people can perform a regular hinas/ryuka). Now that I think about it, maybe Rune could cross the quicksand with Dorin because he has already been in Termi before (and we know he was)... so 'magic' was nothing to do with it... chaz could perfectly have done that too if he had been there before as well.
c) Could have exhausted the times of its use (like a skill) and needed to wait two years, for instance.

How could a droid learn a 'magic' spell?
If “grantz” was a regular tech I still wouldn’t know how could she have learned that... maybe she was special, maybe was that gem, maybe «that's where magic comes into play».
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu Mar 13, '08, 9:01 am

I'm guessing they needed the spaceship since Rune had never been to Kuran before. Kind of hard to teleport to somewhere you're not familar with.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 13, '08, 9:18 am

How could a droid learn a 'magic' spell?

I think it would be like the items that can be used to cast spells, like the weapons in PSIV such as Tornado Dagger. These items are imbued with magic by their creators somehow, but even Wren can trigger that magic. Perhaps androids can have a magic spell placed into them, just like the weapons.

To me "Grantz" would be the unified version of Hinas and Ryuka with no difference if the owner is escaping or traveling to towns or even planets (inside the same star system or spaceship system).

I agree, but I would say it is even more powerful than Hinas and Ryuka. In PSIII we have Escapipes (which use Hinas), but no Telepipes or Ryuka. I think that is because Ryuka can't pass from dome to dome (or more specifically, through outer space between the domes), but perhaps Grantz could.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newsblade » Thu Mar 13, '08, 3:14 pm

I'm guessing they needed the spaceship since Rune had never been to Kuran before. Kind of hard to teleport to somewhere you're not familar with.

Lol, I forgot that precious detail!

I think it would be like the items that can be used to cast spells, like the weapons in PSIV

Makes sense since "Nei Sword" seems to possess Grantz skill too. It seems, like androids, all weapons can only have skills since I don't remember any in PSIV with techs. I also agree Grantz to be more powerful than Hinas and Ryuka.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 14, '08, 3:52 pm

Rune's woodcane had Res, I believe. I can't think of any other weapons that had techs either.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Mar 14, '08, 7:56 pm

The Guard Rod has Sar, the Mahlay Dagger has Nafoi.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Fri Mar 14, '08, 8:27 pm

Dream Wand has Bindwa and Laconian Rod has Efess
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star IV