Shir Gold - Fine Art "Collector"

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Sat Jul 10, '10, 3:31 pm

Some may have heard I had yet another piece of art in the works. I've been thinking of doing another Shir piece with my new pencils, mainly just to see if I have the right hair colour, which I do! :D I decided to go all in an and do an original piece, bar using the compendium for reference to the dress. The pose is entirely of my own design. :)

For those not in the know, I drew her in the outfit she wears in her text adventure game, hence the subtitle up there. ;) It took me between 4-5 hours to draw and colour.

And fear not, the deluge of art will stop after monday when I go home and have less time on my hands. :D And that's it I think. Feedback welcome as always.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Shir Gold - Fine Art "Collector"

Postby Tanith » Sat Jul 10, '10, 4:46 pm

Xander wrote:And fear not, the deluge of art will stop after monday when I go home and have less time on my hands.
Aw. :( I was enjoying all of your art, Xander.

I really like that you've done her text adventure dress. I've always liked that dress. It was very stylish for the early 1990s, so it has a nostalgic place in my heart. She's very expressive here, with that sweet-but-devilish smirk. Great job; I especially love the colors. The title has me cracking up, too. :lol:
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Xander » Sat Jul 10, '10, 5:39 pm

Worry not Tanith. The art will continue, but I've only been churning out so much this last week because I'm all alone here and have nothing else to do right now. It'll just mean I do less, so long as I can think of something to draw. :)

Apologies for the purple too. I don't know why but the scan and resizing seems to have added some grain to the dress. It's probably because it's a dark colour, seeing how everything else is ok. Though if you look at it in the gallery page at normal size it looks fine.

I'm thinking of going back to the drawing later and adding a background. I think the text adventure shows enough of the Kaiser building's interior to let me draw something in and I doubt the colours will be more than a few. I don't particularly fancy constantly adding gradient backgrounds, but I'm limited by the software.

I actually found another way to do skin as well. I was flicking through some images and noticed Shir has a paler skin tone so I just took the same pencil I normally use for lighter skin and added some white over it. So that's one more thing learned today. :D I still need to work on hands though.
The dress itself wasn't too bad, though I had to add a ton of creases and such to the sleeves, etc. But it was almost like drawing her standard outfit, bar adding a puffy skirt and the shoulder...band...thingy. Though after drawing Rika's chest piece at an angle this was a doddle. :o Besides that, I'd spent a load of time last night sketching her out. My problem is I don't think about the angle in relation to finding the centre. Ah well, more practice ahead.
Last edited by Xander on Sat Jul 10, '10, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 11, '10, 2:24 am

Fantastic, Xander! You've put a lot of work and detail in this one also, and it is awesome! Her dress color is very pretty, and it all really stands out next to that colorful background. :clap:
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 14, '10, 12:08 am

I can't believe I missed this one.

But looky, it's SHIR!!!

Shir fan art is super difficult to come by. As always, great work Xander; I love the colors and her form. You're an artist, dude! ^^
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 14, '10, 3:33 pm

Somehow ironic considering it's Shir. :p

But no really, I'm glad the image of her text adventure outfit was in the compendium, because the game has nothing to work with. I'm a bit miffed that the scanning process left all those white grains on her outfit after I'd spent so long making sure there were none while colouring the drawing. I can see it would have been easier to draw if I'd actually bothered to try my hand at some of the tutorials on torsos, but hey-ho. I plan on trying them out on my next piece.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby MrKite » Mon Aug 30, '10, 11:40 pm

How did I miss this too? Wow, I guess I have alot of catching up to do with the abscence I've had from this place the last several weeks. Not enough sexy pics of Shir, just like there isn't enough sexy pics of Alys.
Last edited by MrKite on Mon Aug 30, '10, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 31, '10, 7:36 am

Well don't hold out any hopes of me doing any sexy Shir art. I doubt I'd be good at it. But expect more of her in the future. If anything, it's a reason for me to break out my teal coloured pencil. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Return to Artwork