EOTA Artwork - F. A. Zedek

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 31, '10, 4:46 pm

Or why Xander should stick to PS fanart. :o

Ok, while not a total disaster, it did teach me a few things about how I do things and how I should do things too. Mainly that drawing the head first is most important as it helps keep proportions under control. Though I never intended for my character to turn out quite this way or to be so big, I guess I can get away with it in this case seeing how I managed to stick to the characteristics.

Anyway, I'm off to plan my next PS fanart piece to make up for this. You may commence eye gouging...now. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: EOTA Artwork - F. A. Zedek

Postby Aeroprism » Tue Aug 31, '10, 4:48 pm

What are you talking about, this is awesome.

The only gripe I have with it is that the chin line is a bit pale, it give the illusion that his head and his neck are the same thing. Darken that a bit to make a real separation and you have a winner.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 31, '10, 4:49 pm

Ah, that'll probably be due to when I edited it. I had to take a photo of this one and adjust some levels. It probably faded it a bit. I'll see what I can do.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Aug 31, '10, 4:53 pm

He looks awfully young to be a veteran. ^^ But I don't blame you, I think you used Chaz or Rolf for your reference here, I'm guessing Stumpy. :D I really like the armour though and the little details that you added.

As for criticism, his head is a bit small, and his upper body is too bulky in comparison with the lower half. But that's all, really.

You definitely are improving immensely though, Xan. Keep it up.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Aug 31, '10, 4:55 pm

Oh, it's not THAT bad, Xan! Oh yeah, it is a bit disproportionate, BUT it's also your first piece like this. You're bound to make mistakes. Keep doing more pieces like this and they'll look awesome in no time.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 31, '10, 5:06 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:As for criticism, his head is a bit small, and his upper body is too bulky in comparison with the lower half. But that's all, really.

You know, I had a few ideas for making him older before I started but they went clean out of my head until now. Though that means farting around with the artwork, retaking the photo and enduring the awful process of preparing the image the background. White space in photos need a ton of cleaning up in comparison to scans. Anyway, it's minor and can be done later. :p

The head, yep, that's a biggy and the (unknown until now) main reason I always start with the head. Plus he's a little more butch than I would have liked, I agree. It's not quite what I had in mind. That's probably connected to the head, ironically. :roll:

I'm just glad you like the extra details and such I added. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby H-Man » Tue Aug 31, '10, 5:31 pm

It's better than my recent works (call that damning with faint praise).

No seriously, it's pretty good on the whole. Head is a bit small like has already been stated. The chest plate also looks a mite small, as if you could fatally injure him by aiming a little more to the right or left. But it's cool.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Xander » Tue Aug 31, '10, 7:06 pm

Well, thanks anyways folks. :) Though I still stand by my first post. :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Aug 31, '10, 7:12 pm

I think he looks great, Xander! Very good job for a first try at this type of thing. Awesome detail work. :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Sep 1, '10, 12:19 am

I'd say for an original piece you did a great job. Gotta say though, not quite sure about him being that buff as a good thing or bad, but something about it makes me laugh cause I think two things. "I see a roid user" or "Inflatable arms! I call inflatable arms!" Joking aside though, you did a good job. Still hard to believe that you only started a while ago and have improved immensely over the past while.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Next

Return to Artwork