It didn't take as long as I expected...

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

It didn't take as long as I expected...

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 7, '09, 11:02 pm

A third party company is planning to release a rip off of the Wiimote for Xbox 360 later this year. What do you think, are there any existing 360 games you'd like to play with a controller that's more like the Wiimote than a traditional setup? They're thinking about making one for the PS3, too.

I'm just surprised something like it isn't already on the market. Given how successful the Wii has been, I figured someone would have tried to copy it already.

IGN has pictures of the 360 version.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: It didn't take as long as I expected...

Postby LordShibas » Wed Apr 8, '09, 7:00 pm

The designs and ideas behind the Wii have never enticed me, which is why I don't have one, so I don't see a point in buying a similar controller for any other systems. I can't envision a single genre of gaming controlling better using a Wiimote.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby DrkTr14ce » Thu Apr 9, '09, 4:52 pm

Hmm. I'm somewhat torn about this one. I mean, sure, like many Wii owners, I've envisioned a sort of 'Wii HD', which supposedly Nintendo is working on. (Skeptical, I am.) And if it does prove it's worth on the 360, then I'll nominate one of the Halo titles for a new control set based on this...new one. Well, maybe it they add some sort of joystick to at least make it easier to move about.

However, looking over to the Wii's current selection of...ugh...rubbish third-party-mini-game-aplenty titles, I don't see this being used to it's real potential, just like the Wii itself. Unless, you know, Microsoft does indeed rework the controls and get Halo compatible; Then it can be complete rubbish but still make millions, thanks to rabid Halo fans.
Greetings to you all. I am Kahrne Annabelle Lee, a Level 6 Sprite Artist.

DrkTr14ce
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 36

Postby Lemina » Thu Apr 9, '09, 6:49 pm

So a third party is developing the controller? I couldn't imagine Microsoft making accommodations in their games for it, so I don't really see a point in it. Not to be mean or anything...

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 9, '09, 8:17 pm

I can't see Microsoft supporting it either, since it is third party. It will be up to the controller maker to ensure that it works with other games. If they had something like a nunchuck, I could see that working better than just a remote.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Wed May 27, '09, 2:25 am

It's amazing what some companies will pull off when it comes to money.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Tech and Design