Rumor: KOF XIII console release details in next Famitsu?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Rumor: KOF XIII console release details in next Famitsu?

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 18, '11, 10:54 pm

I hope they don't shut down. SNK has been in the game business for a long time and created some of the more memorable fighting game characters. If the SNK president does decide to shut down that branch of the company, it would make sense to sell off the rights instead of letting them rot. At least that way the company would get some money out of them.

At the very least, I hope someone buys the rights so the KOF characters can stay around. Even if it's not Capcom.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 20, '11, 5:06 pm

Maybe they're not quite ready to shut down after all. I just read about some upcoming KOF arcade releases. These are likely limited to Japan for now, but it's a sign of life for the company.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Jan 21, '11, 4:57 am

This is definitely worth reading. SNK responded to the rumors. They said they are going to continue making games "for years to come", so maybe we'll see a console port of KOF XIII after all :D

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286721.html

And this is just a random question, but since Super Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue Continuum Shift II will be on the 3DS, do you think KOF XIII would be cool to have on there too?
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri Jan 21, '11, 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 22, '11, 5:44 pm

Sure, it could be a good chance for KOF to put forth a unique offering. Dead or Alive is going to be on the 3DS also, so there will be plenty of fighters. If KOF can stand out from the crowd, it could be a real shot in the arm for the franchise.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Mar 21, '11, 9:14 pm

Sadly, no info on the console release, but here's a cool fan-made image of what the box art might look like. Fake, but still cool stuff.

Anyway, I found out SNK will be one of the publishers for Sony's upcoming NGP (PSP2 sounds more like it XD). Maybe KOF XIII will be released for that. Anything is fine as long as it's not the umpteenth rerelease of Fatal Fury or KOF '94 (if you don't have those already, just use an emulator like MAME)

http://playstation4.net/list-of-develop ... ojects-984
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Apr 16, '11, 6:59 pm

Here's something I found over at the Dream Cancel forums
Some good news for console release (official).
Coming in Japan between summer and the end of the year.
No balance change for now.
Additional content for the console release (char/stage/music).
Except good netplay.

SNKP should communicate really soon.

The info came from Frionel (a famous versus figthing player in france) who is close to the developement.
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/s1w2BjbzzbZ9

2:10:00 for the begining of the discussion on kof 13.

GET HYPE!
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Apr 16, '11, 9:29 pm

Here's a link for a translated interview from the guy who confirmed KOF XIII's release date. Aside from the date, it explains why SNK Playmore has been so quiet lately.

http://orochinagi.com/2011/04/xiii-rele ... in-english
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Sat Apr 16, '11, 11:52 pm

About time something was officially said. I recently bought XII the for my PS3 because I wasn't sure if XIII was ever going to come to consoles after no announcements for nearly a year. But I’m glad it's slowly starting to happen.

I've also seen incomplete sprites of Momoko and Oswald around the net, it's possible they could be added to the console release of this game. Thanks for the info SCS you made my Sunday. :)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Apr 17, '11, 1:42 am

I also found sprites for Malin and Chang so they might make it in too.
Image Image
Image Image
I'm fine if anyone of those characters are added (Oswald is an abosolute must since he's completely epic), but personally, I'd like to see anyone from the '97 Special Team (Mary, Yamazaki, and Billy) or possibly B. Jenet

Anyway how's KOF XII going Lucas? I might just buy it a third time (yes I sold it twice already) just to get hyped for XIII.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sun Apr 17, '11, 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Sun Apr 17, '11, 4:57 am

Yeah I'd like to see all of them get in too. I actually would like to have had Botan or Rose made playable for XIII as well, but I doubt that's ever gonna happen. I could see Rose play a lot like her brother or Rugal if she ever was made playable.

As for XII it's a bit of a horror story, I don’t hate the game by any means but it feels really, really incomplete. Sure the graphics are nice, the combos and stuff are good but it’s lacking in so many places. Also what’s up with the five stages thing, four if you count the night-time version of the arena stage. I also would have liked it to have had a boss it feels really weird playing KOF and not fighting a boss. Rugal or Geese would have been nice for a dream match game. I'm also a little disappointed Athena doesn't have her teleporting move in this game as well. Makes using her feel quite weird not being able to zip around the screen.

But yes I have enjoyed the gameplay side of it and graphics side. It's just an incomplete game really, and I await XIII's arrival to do what XII couldn't. That's all just my opinion.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming