Yet another Shadowgate song, the Courtyard.

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Yet another Shadowgate song, the Courtyard.

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Feb 10, '13, 6:58 pm

Yup. I always liked this theme, short as it is. I thought about making it part of a medley or something, but I figured I'd just record it on its own, because it's a good song.

I've been working on a bunch of stuff from another NES game (that has to do with dragons), and I'm actually about to be recording some stuff with a friend in more of a full band setting, if things go as planned, so that should be fun.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Re: Yet another Shadowgate song, the Courtyard.

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Feb 10, '13, 8:15 pm

Neat! I really like how both parts play off each other - sometimes the right hand and left hand are moving similarly, while other times, there's more of a contrast as they move in opposition. As always, I'm not familiar with the source, but this is a pretty cool theme. Nice job!
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Bragatyr » Mon Feb 11, '13, 5:56 pm

Thank you, and yeah, I really like how the two parts interlink in this piece as well. It's a really simple piece, but it has an interesting, strong sense of movement. The bass part itself is really striking, one of the few video game songs off the top of my head I can think of in which the bass is just as prominent, compositionally and dynamically, as the main melody.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 11, '13, 10:29 pm

Nice track and nice play ! :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More