Best Remakes

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Best Remakes

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 9, '08, 11:25 pm

Remakes and re-releases are everywhere in video games. Companies like Sega, Nintendo, and SquareEnix love to take their older successes, polish them up, and then sell them again. What are some of your favorite remake games?

Two that top my list are Skies of Arcadia Legends and Wild Arms: Alter Code F. Arcadia Legends is just different enough to make the game more interesting without losing anything from the original. WA: ACF is like a completely different take on one of my favorite PlayStation games, but still similar enough that I remember some of the scenes from the original.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 10, '08, 12:38 am

I loved WA: ACF, you don't know how long I waited for the game after I saw that small image in a gaming magazine many years before its release. I kinda liked Romancing Saga Minstral Song, its basically like the original version just updated but it just didnt have the same feeling as the original. Now Tales of Destiny Remake has to be the single most best remake ever.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby LordShibas » Thu Jan 10, '08, 5:01 pm

It makes me so sick to think about all of the great Tales games that the US never gets. So many great remakes. I heard the Phantasia PSP remake is great.

As for games. I'm currently enjoying Final Fantasy 1 in Dawn of Souls for GBA. I think it's quite a step up from the original game.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is also an impressive overhaul on an already impressive game.
Last edited by LordShibas on Thu Jan 10, '08, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 10, '08, 10:44 pm

I don't know, I've never really liked it when games were remade, because it always seemed like the people who made them had opposite opinions as me. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Tech and Design