Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 5, '08, 3:28 am 
Do you own any of these Rpgmakers? Got any projects you're working on? If so enlighten us about your story. It would be great to hear about the projects goin on out there. I am actually working on a small project using my Rm2k/3. I have been studying variables and events and everything and I am beginning to make my own LoZ style fangame staring my favorite character in the LoZ series, Saria. I haven't thought of a name for the game yet but most likely it will probably be Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Saria or something like that. Its still in the testing stage right now but well thats my project so far. Whats yours?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 5, '08, 6:56 am 
I played around with one of the early RPG makers one time and didn't like it much. I'm not sure which one, probably 95. It seemed very limited at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 5, '08, 7:33 am 
Thoul: Yeah, RM95 was... uh, rather subpar.

I (legally) own RPG Maker XP, but kinda regret it, because:

1. I've been fiddling around with RM2k3 more.
B. RPG Maker VX is coming out... when it does.
4. I know diddly-squat when it comes to Ruby scripting.

So, RM2k3 for me it is. ^_^; As for my current project, it's called "Rotomod" after a friend's D&D character, and it's got something to do with saving the world. Expect cliches out the * and "quality" crappy writing by me, Snorb. =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 7, '08, 3:23 am 
I am currently in a project with no anme at the current. But it revolves around me and two of my friends friends who have been "summoned" into another world and forced to become slaves to three kings daughters. The world in which we are pulled into is called Edagura. It has three moons which are called the "Tri Moons" whose names are yet to be made. In the world there is such things as Magic, Mystical Creatures, Love, Hate, Good, Evil, etc.

So far there are 7 characters excluding the kings. All characters are based off real people online and RL. So far all the characters have been based on GameFaqs users except my friends and two have been based off of GF users and here (Me and Kaloes =P).

I am hoping to make custom sprites, tilesets, and other things.

This game is currently in it's beginning stages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 8, '08, 1:42 am 
Ah, RM2k... Fun stuff, though I've yet to bother completing anything due to my laziness. I think my favorite out of them is RM2k3, since you have a LOT more variables to use and a larger picture maximum at your disposal. XP's nice, but I couldn't grasp the Ruby scripting -- I'm no programmer.

I've had a story in my head for the longest time, but my motivation dwindled away over the past two years or so. :(

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]