Roswell, New Mexico Incident - aliens/spaceships

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Roswell, New Mexico Incident - aliens/spaceships

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 6, '07, 7:21 pm

Heard on the news this morning that today is the anniversary of the Roswell, New Mexico incident where there may have been a flying spaceship and aliens found. This report is denied by many and some seem to confirm it in various ways, but never no official confirmation. There are tons of movies and books, etc., out on this every where.

So what do you thnk? Do you believe in aliens and spaceships? Do you think there were ships and aliens found in Rosewell or is it just all phony? Have you ever seen a flying spacecraft for real (not just on tv). :wink:
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Roswell, New Mexico Incident - aliens/spaceships

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jul 7, '07, 12:44 am

I think life does exist somewhere else in the universe. It's simply too large for there to be only one place where it is habitable. Though it seems to be an almost certainty to me based on the odds, the burden of proof still is on science to prove this. Until then, it's just speculation.

As far Roswell, I don't believe any of it. Again, where's the proof? So many of the witnesses out there have contradicted themselves that they aren't the least bit credible. Funny how many of them didn't say anything until a year after the fact. I consider it nothing more than modern-day dragons, magic, mysticism, etc. until there's some conclusive proof... or I see one. :wink:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Sat Jul 7, '07, 7:49 pm

We'll never know for sure about Roswell. For every confirmation, there's someone that pokes a hole in it. For every denial, there's a believer that finds something to contradict that. It's become so steeped in legend that it will never be anything else.

As for aliens, I'm sure they are out there somewhere. We just have to find them. ;)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 9, '07, 11:23 pm

Aliens, they do exist in my opinion. I once did a report on Aliens in elementary and I found out alot. I've even watched a few shows on aliens of showing pictures, video's and people who claimed to have seen aliens. Perhaps one of the strangest things I saw on these shows would be that anyone who had a dream of being abducted by aliens basically have the same idea of what the aliens look like and spacecraft they fly in, the different things the aliens did to them etc.

I am sometimes though wondering if they do exist or not. Until I see a spacecraft or alien siting I will probably change my decision a few times.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Thoul » Tue Jul 10, '07, 11:22 pm

My belief is that it doesn't really matter. Even if life exists on other planets out there in the vast universe, it will be a a very long time before humans are able to travel to meet them. So, maybe it's out there and maybe it isn't... but we won't know for hundreds of years, probably.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Jul 11, '07, 1:24 am

Thoul wrote:My belief is that it doesn't really matter. Even if life exists on other planets out there in the vast universe, it will be a a very long time before humans are able to travel to meet them. So, maybe it's out there and maybe it isn't... but we won't know for hundreds of years, probably.
Agreed.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jul 11, '07, 2:30 am

I agree too. That is logical and probable.
Atlinsmere

Postby Neithird » Thu Jul 12, '07, 8:37 pm

Yeah, that's true... unless they decide to come meet us before we can go see them. ;)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 17, '07, 8:32 am

That would be awesome. Could you imagine a spacecraft landing in your front lawn and a creature knocks on your door with a cup in his hand saying, "Could we borrow some sugar, we're baking a cake and we ran out of sugar."

That would be awesome...
Atlinsmere

Postby Divine Dragon » Tue Jul 17, '07, 10:51 am

I not only believe there is life out there, but that that very life comprises of lifeforms with technology far superior to our own and those who are just beginning the technology race.

I believe not long ago we had.. discovered a planet that was in the Golden zone, another Earth if you will... You can imagine how much of a ... how much of a wonder this is, there could be life on it.. but so far I haven't heard anything.

I do however, agree with Thoul that whilst there may be life out there, we won't live to see it, unless... we get invaded xD Hey it IS possible..
Divine Dragon
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 20

Next

Return to Casual Conversation