'The Lone Ranger' movie

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

'The Lone Ranger' movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 22, '12, 10:07 am

Tragedy has struck on the set of the movie "The Lone Ranger" starring actor Johnny Depp as Tonto...one of the crew members has died:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=759848

Our condolences to his family and friends. :tombstone:

This movie has seemed to have a lot of troubles along the way. I have my doubts if it will be as good as I first thought it was. Johnny Depp will probably be fantastic as "Tonto", but the character has always been portrayed as a serious character and I hope they stay true to that.

Anyone looking forward to this movie???
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: 'The Lone Ranger' movie

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 8, '13, 2:43 am

Been reading a lot about this movie being a flop at the box office and the star of the movie blaming it on one thing or another. Please, in my humble opinion, when you drastically change the way a beloved, well-known character (such as Tonto) looks and probably even acts, then I think it's safe to say that many movie fans may not be thrilled with that fact. I really can't say what the overall problem with the movie was as I have yet to see it, and after reading about what a flop many are saying it is, then I don't know if I want to see it or not, but I probably will watch it to give it the benefit of the doubt. After all there have been many movies that the box office said were "flops" but I really thought they were excellent movies.

Anyone else see this movie, and if so, what do you think, was it a good movie or a "flop"?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lone-range ... 00877.html
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Thu Aug 8, '13, 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Feature Films