Robin Gibbs dead

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Robin Gibbs dead

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 21, '12, 2:12 am

Singer Robin Gibbs, part of the famous group the "Bee Gees" has died at the age of 62. Robin had been sick for awhile. May he r.i.p. :rose: :tombstone:

Condolences to his family.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=730092

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Robin Gibbs dead

Postby tilinelson2 » Tue May 22, '12, 12:52 am

Sad news. First Maurice and now Robin, both still young (not to mention Andy too).

I'm a fan of early Bee Gees music. Although they are best known for their ballads and disco music, they had many great rock (psychedelic/art rock) songs at the beginning of their career. They were not only great composers and singers, but also musicians, especially Maurice.

Well, I've even written a fan fiction named after a song of theirs, written and sung by Robin, whose mood fits perfectly the story mood. I'll leave the link for the song on Youtube (I hope it is okay to link videos here) as a tribute for his talent. Really and Sincerely
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 22, '12, 9:24 am

Tilinelson2, thanks for posting that link. :) That is a very beautiful song and piece of music. I am not too familiar with the Bee Gees in their early years as the members of a larger group before they became a very popular trio. I do remember their brother Andy very, very well. Very talented musical family there. Very sad that so many of them have passed on now. Atleast we still have Barry left with us.

And, tillie, I think I need to find that story you wrote, if it's posted here, and read it. :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed May 23, '12, 1:39 am

I think you have already read it, SS1. It is pretty old. I didn't check, but high is the probability that you have read and reviewed it.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Return to Tootin' Tunes