Rise of the Video Game

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 7, '07, 3:54 am

I saw the episode last night. It was really boring. I'm not much into shooter type games and that's about all they talked about. Hopefully the next episode will be much better. I'll give it one more week. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atolm » Fri Dec 7, '07, 4:43 am

Really? I thought it was interesting! It was interesting to see how the future of the world's military could be affected by gamers. :D
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 7, '07, 5:39 am

That was a little interesting, but I think they just spent too much time on it. Around 45 minutes is a bit much for that subject IMO.

I did like seeing that old Atari arcade game again - Battlezone, I think it was. I had completely forgotten that I used to play it and haven't seen it in years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:19 am

Did anyone catch last night's episode? I found it a little more interesting, but all the simulation stuff that dominated the first half of the episode was pretty dry as well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:41 am

Oh, whoops, I thought it was Tuesday earlier, and Saturday just a bit ago. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 9:59 am

I thought it was Tuesday for a while too, so I almost missed it myself. :p
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 14, '07, 2:55 am

Yeah, I caught last night's episode, but only because someone reminded me it was on. Otherwise I probably would have forgotten to. It was kinda boring to me, but I did find a few points rather interesting.

They talked some about the original " Halo " game which I found interesting since Halo 3 just recently came out not too long ago. I don't know if this is continued next week or what. If so, I will try to watch it, if I don't forget.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 14, '07, 3:53 am

There is another episode to come, but I think just one more. I was looking on Discovery Channel's website earlier and they only had one more listed in the episode guide there.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 7:09 pm

I saw it. It was okay. They talked a lot about Black and White, which was interesting because I've thought about getting that before. Based on the show, I think I'll skip it. It looked boring.

The stuff about the home-made Halo movies was interesting. What did they call it? mechima? The word sounded like anime, sorta.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 19, '07, 9:40 pm

Everyone remember, the show airs again tonight. I believe it will be talking about online games this time, so we might see a mention of Phantasy Star.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television