Who do you use in PSII?

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Who do you use in PSII?

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 11, '07, 2:26 pm

When you're going through the last few dungeons of Phantasy Star II, which party members do you like to use? Rolf is a given, but there are three other open slots to fill.

I usually take Anna, Amy, and either Rudo or Kain. I feel that lineup gives a pretty good offense and a nice amount of healing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Who do you use in PSII?

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Jun 10, '07, 12:41 am

Depends on the stage of the game I'm at. I always use Rudo. I take Hugh along until Climatrol, then I go with Kain and Amy for the Dams. On Dezo it's Hugh and Kain for the instant kills with Vol and Kain to instant kill the machines. I use the same for those Dezo dungeons, and load up Kain on defense and use the Storm Gear.

For the end, it's Kain and Shir, since Hugh is worthless against the bosses, and all of Kains techs work on all the end monsters despite them being biological! And Shir because she can deal out more damage than any of the others with Nazan on the bosses.

I don't ever use Anna, because the other characters like Hugh and Kain are geared to fight certain monsters, and there simply aren't enough group monsters in the Dezo dungeons. And late game, Amy is entirely replaceable by items! The problem is keeping all those characters at levels where they're useful!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Jun 10, '07, 12:32 pm

The first time I played I took Rudo, Anna and Amy. I take Rudo and Anna for extra offense while Amy provided the healing. I only found out about the Gires items later. When I found out I substituted Amy by Kain for the final dungeon since his techniques worked against all enemies. Having those four gives me four attacks. Taking Amy leaves me only with three since I equip Amy with dual shields. The last time I played I had a rotating schedule. Hugh for fighting against biomonsters, Kain when going into area's with only robots while taking along Anna to level her. Rudo is always part of the group, since his guns work great against all kinds of enemies.

I rarely ever use Shir, only get her to level 10 to steal the Visiophone. But I'm committed to start a new game on my emulator (I don't know how much longer my batteries on the cartridge will hold out) where eventually I want to have them all maxed out.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Sun Jun 10, '07, 7:58 pm

I always bring Rudo along too, since he's the dedicated offensive character. Kain is great. I don't use Shir much beyond grabbing an item every now and then. Sometimes I will take Amy if I'm having trouble in a area and need an extra healer.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jun 11, '07, 2:54 am

When I get Rudo, I keep him since it's great to have a meat shield. :lol: He's also great for offense, too, but the fact that he can take damage really helps.

I keep Amy around since she's reliable. Having an extra healer to back me up is a must in my book.

As for the last slot, I use Anna to replace Nei. I just have a thing for characters who use Slashers -- they're so cool.

It's simple and works for me. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Dec 1, '10, 12:59 pm

Rolf, Rudo, Anna and Kain. IMO, Amy's healing techniques are not needed since I can have most of healing using the special items (and you can also have Deban and Saner).
On the other hand, Kain's offensive techniques are something you will certainly need by the end of the game and they do work with the last enemies.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Tanith » Wed Dec 1, '10, 2:54 pm

Rudo is the only one I usually never take out of the party. I switch it up with the others, using Hugh and Shir the least.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Ome_Joop » Sat Dec 4, '10, 12:29 pm

Rudo is a regular.
Amy is a regular.
Anna is a regular (After Nei)
Shir is used only for stealing a visiphone (and i once used her to steal a moon dew for resurecting Nei)
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Postby Wing Eye » Sat Dec 4, '10, 3:15 pm

Rudo, Anna, and Amy. Once I get Anna, Amy is switched out, but Amy is back in once Nei dies.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 4, '10, 4:52 pm

I always go with:

-Rudo because of his incredible attack power, especially against the bosses.
-Amy who heals each round in the final battles.
-Shir because I already have her leveled-up to steal the Visiphone. I'll be the first to admit that using Anna would make everything on Dezo easier.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Next

Return to Phantasy Star II