Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: RIP, Super Mario
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, '09, 12:19 am 
Apparently this happened last week, but I'm just now hearing of it. Lou Albano, who played the live action Mario in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, passed away at 76 after falling ill. He was perhaps better known as a wrestler, but for my generation, he'll always be Mario.

Post subject: Re: RIP, Super Mario
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, '09, 12:36 am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9Kzwf6VkA

Saying goodbye (didn't know he was THAT old...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCVfWjlMSa4&NR=1

Just in case you get teary-eyed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, '09, 2:11 am 
Poor bloke :( . At least he can die in peace knowing he played a character that is possibly more popular than Mickey Mouse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, '09, 11:14 pm 
It always hits hard when one of your childhood idols leaves this world. I'll miss him. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, '09, 5:33 pm 
Thoul, thanks for posting this. I feel awful reading this. Not just because the guy died, but because I remember reading last week that he died, but I had no idea or had tottally forgotten that he had anything to do with Super Mario, so I didn't get the connection, or I would have posted it before. I do however remember him as a wrestler, and I think he was sometimes a wrestling manager.

Just makes me sad that we are losing all these wonderful people in the entertainment field who have touched our lives in some way, but also how greatful we were to have known them in whatever capacity for whatever amount of time.

Condolences to all his family, friends, and fans. :mario: :tombstone:

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]