Rika - Child of SEED

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Rika - Child of SEED

Rika - Child of SEED

View Gallery Page

Re: Rika - Child of SEED

Postby Xander » Tue Jul 6, '10, 4:25 pm

Thanks RW. :) The 'being hard on myself' bit is an old habit of mine I was given that I seem to apply to a lot of things. It just needs time to work out.

Anyhoo! I appreciate the words about how I'm doing things. What amazes is me is that I was intending to wait until this week to get started on drawing. I'm kind of glad I didn't. :p

Speaking of Rika art, I just finished some more work with her in it. I'd been meaning to do this one for a while but I needed more practice considering the content is more than a pose. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 12:10 am

Xander wrote:Thanks RW. :) The 'being hard on myself' bit is an old habit of mine I was given that I seem to apply to a lot of things. It just needs time to work out.

Anyhoo! I appreciate the words about how I'm doing things. What amazes is me is that I was intending to wait until this week to get started on drawing. I'm kind of glad I didn't. :p

Speaking of Rika art, I just finished some more work with her in it. I'd been meaning to do this one for a while but I needed more practice considering the content is more than a pose. :D

I can empathize, Xander, I'm really hard on myself, too, concerning my work in all disciplines. You're right, it's a bad habit to break. I can tell you have a natural art talent and it shows in your drawings. I can't believe it is something you picked up recently - really.

I loved the newer piece, too, and am looking forward to more of your work. Could I be a royal pain and make a Rune request? :hyper:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:50 am

I guess I just thought this sort of thing was beyond me. That I was afraid that I'd try and try but get nowhere. I could probably put my getting into this business on the miniature painting I did. It taught me patience and helped give me a better eye for colour.

So you want some Rune art do you? I dunno......I have the colours for the job... :hmm: Yeah, of course I will! I'm planning my Rudo and Amy piece for Tanith just now so I'll do Rune after that. :)
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 7:27 am

Xander wrote:Yeah, of course I will! I'm planning my Rudo and Amy piece for Tanith just now so I'll do Rune after that. :)

Yay!!! :happy_marle: :hyper:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby H-Man » Sun Nov 7, '10, 9:00 pm

I think this one qualifies as being one of your top 3 Rika pieces, next to Ri-Ge and the other one in her traditional outfit (the one you revisited). The pose may not be original, but you got all the proportions right and you capture why she's something of a male PS fan favorite. Good show!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Jack Lias » Sun Nov 7, '10, 9:18 pm

She looks like she's trying to seduce whoever she's looking at. I love it!
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Previous

Return to Artwork