Young Autumn + Alpha sketch

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Young and hurt (Autumn)

Young and hurt (Autumn)

View Gallery Page

Young Autumn + Alpha sketch

Postby Lucas » Wed Jun 6, '12, 5:22 am

I did this one a few weeks back. I just haven’t had the chance to upload it until now. It’s Autumn at 12 years of age long before she was a hunter, or lived on Motavia, and months before she became friends with Elisa. It’s basically a reflection on the harsh and unstructured life she was living on Palma. She gazes at a young JooJoo (who is still a young Wing Eye at this stage of his life) with a glimmer of hope in her eyes that her life just may have a purpose. She appears rather beat-up and also bony hinting she is undernourished at the present time. Sadness is a very unusual emotion for her considering I portray this character of mine rather energetic and upbeat.

I’d like to expand on the above in a fan-fic someday maybe, who knows (not anytime soon however). Also it’s not the first time I’ve drawn Autumn at a young age before, this was my first attempt. I know I’ve come a long way since then. I’m rather happy with how his one turned out. What I’m going for at the moment is unique poses with my drawings.

Also here is a sketch I did of Alpha a few months back. ;)
Attachments
alpha-feb-2012-lucashansen.jpg
Alpha in an attack style pose
alpha-feb-2012-lucashansen.jpg (87.68 KiB) Viewed 5113 times

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Young Autumn + Alpha sketch

Postby myau56 » Wed Jun 6, '12, 10:22 am

Great for both of them ! Keep up the good work :) But what a sad autumn...what happened to her ??
Last edited by myau56 on Wed Jun 6, '12, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Jun 6, '12, 3:50 pm

Man, I feel sorry for Autumn in this picture. But Alpha looks absolutely awesome. You've done a lot of good drawings of him, but the pose, the perspective, and the dynamics of this one make it, in my opinion, the best yet. He appears more humanoid and relatable, too, which is interesting. Usually he seems so monstrous.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Lucas » Thu Jun 7, '12, 5:17 am

@ Bragatyr: Yes I know what you mean there, he always appears far too dragonish in my opinion; he does have dragon cells in his body though (this is very dominant in his feet). I’m actually quite glad I made him a little more slender or wiry this time around, as you said he seems a little more human in a way. With His body type for this drawing, I actually drew inspiration from Bruce Lee’s body type. Thanks for the feedback mate. :D

@ Myau: She probably got into a fight, who knows? She can defend herself quite well, but it’s the emotion that’s hurting more than her injuries. She’s lucky she has good friends later in life right? Thanks for your opinion.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby myau56 » Thu Jun 7, '12, 8:39 am

@LUCAS : It's better not knowing and let our imagination run... :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 7, '12, 7:08 pm

Lucas, I honestly think these are some of the best drawings you've done yet. I can see an improvement in both the Autumn and Alfa images. Although I must admit that the Autumn one is my favorite. I can tell the changes in her body type, but it is her expression that has me captivated also trying to figure out what has happened to her and what is going on in her mind. The Wing Eye there appears to be showing so much concern for her also...very touching!! Love the pose she is sitting in, and that seems to speak wonders also. Also very much like her outfit here. Excellent all around, imho! :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Jun 15, '12, 4:02 am

Better late than never (finally I have recovered from my tendinitis), but I was willing to leave a comment on your drawings, especially on Autumn one because it shows a great leap towards artistic maturity. While your style remains mostly the same, drawing Autumn in a position completely different from what you were used to do, and being able to keep the proportions correct, is a huge step for greater things to come.

I mean, there are many amateur people who stick with the same positions and perspectives, drawing beautiful portraits, but being able to draw in different positions is the first step to more complex drawings, and I think it won't take long till you are drawing complete scenes.

Besides, her proportions as a young teenager are perfect, and her expression very convincing. Keep up the good job, Lucas.

(I still need to finish the last chapters of Artificial Heartbeat, but that will come soon, I promise :D)
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Lucas » Fri Jun 15, '12, 8:58 am

Thank you all for the feedback I appreciate it very much. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed these drawings.

tilinelson2 wrote:
(I still need to finish the last chapters of Artificial Heartbeat, but that will come soon, I promise :D)

No rush buddy. I hope the conclusion satisfies you when you get around to it however. :)

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Wing Eye » Fri Jun 15, '12, 9:11 am

There is so much emotion in that picture of Autumn, I love it :)
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby myau56 » Fri Jun 15, '12, 9:14 am

I love it too : a hard battle and then what happened just after maybe...:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Return to Artwork