Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 12, '07, 2:27 am

Not without a parachute. You'd never get me to go skydiving anyway, but jumping out of a plane without a parachute is suicide, even in a gliding suit.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 12, '07, 2:34 am

It never fails to amaze me how some people are willing to try anything for a rush. I doubt I'd try parachuting in the first place, really -- I dislike heights. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Dec 12, '07, 6:08 am

I'll die before I jump off a high place like that with only the suit on. XD Saw that suit in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life.

By the way on the previous topic, did you all see how much it sold for. He was expecting just over 125, he got 9,100.01!!!!! HOYL CARP!!!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 12, '07, 6:24 am

Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 12, '07, 11:00 pm

Tsunami wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071211/ap_on_re_us/word_of_the_year
All I can say is... W00t?

LoL, who knew that the movie "Pretty Woman" would have the word of the year in it! I always knew that was a good movie to watch. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 3:26 am

I've only ever seen w00t once. XD And whoever said it I don't know anymore.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 13, '07, 5:48 am

Here's a real doozy of a news item. Hey, how long does it take you to eat when you got to a fast food place? Better speed it up, and read this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316420,00.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 6:26 am

That McDonald's thing is silly. $200+ for eating in your own car? They really think too much of themselves.

As for w00t being the word of the year... that's amusing. I've been seeing that around for years, but I guess it has become more widespread than I thought. The English professor they quoted is wrong on that count.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:46 am

What empty headedness. 200 dollars for eating. I'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of uprising XDDDDD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Neithird » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:33 pm

$9000 on Guitar Hero. :rofl: If someone actually pays that, it'd be a miracle.

No Flying Squirrels for me, thanks. I'll keep my feet on the ground!

w00t! I used to see that all the time on some sites. But word of the year? Come on...

So, in England, McDonalds is a legal authority that can give tickets and fines? :faint: Next thing you know, they'll build in jail cells to hold people who don't pay the fines. Talk about greedy corporations. :greedy: :greedy:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation