Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 20, '07, 11:14 pm

Talk about taking political correctness to the extremes... :melodramatic:

Really I supposed we shouldn't be surprised that it happened eventually. I would have expected it to be in the United States instead of Australia though. :boggled:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 24, '07, 7:46 am

Who's been to google maps recently? Not alot? Well have they got a treat for you!

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl&hl=en

Select the following options: Hybrid, then street view. Click on one of the cameras. Drag the little man anywhere on the blue outline. It will show you what it really looks like. Some is more recent than others, ours is months before now but still....WE CAN SEE THE INSIDE OF OUR HOUSE!!!!! USING THE INTERNET!!!!ANYONE CAN GO THERE TOOO!!!!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Nov 25, '07, 1:38 am

SparkyIII wrote:WE CAN SEE THE INSIDE OF OUR HOUSE!!!!! USING THE INTERNET!!!!ANYONE CAN GO THERE TOOO!!!!

I haven't been to the link yet, but if that is true, it is kinda scary. Shouldn't there be a law against that sort of thing - invasion of privacy - or something????? :eyebrow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Muffin Man » Sun Nov 25, '07, 4:21 am

I don't think it can be categorized as that, seeing as how it doesn't essentially show the people living there or their daily lives. (At least from what I looked at thus far..)

You'd think this would be a bit far, though. I mean hell, why would you "need" to see inside someone's house in the first place, unless you were a real estate investor looking too see what you're buying from miles away, or a burglar planning a heist.
Typos are my mortal enemy, they should be your's also.
Muffin Man
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 2

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 26, '07, 11:17 pm

Interesting... this inside view is only in a few areas (not mine, for which I'm glad). It's an interesting technology, but I afree that it is not something needed for private homes. I certainly wouldn't want anyone looking into my windows, virtually or otherwise.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 28, '07, 3:16 am

Here's a new ridiculous story, but in a sad way. A factory chief in North Korea was executed in front of 150,000 people for making international phone calls. The government there tries to prevent people from having any contact with the outside world.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313226,00.html
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 28, '07, 4:29 am

That was a very sad story Thoul! Not only for the guy executed but also for the several people who were crushed to death as all those people tried to leave the stadium. :(

Sometimes we forget that other countries do not have the precious freedoms that we usually take for granted in things like making phone calls, etc. and they have punishments of death for what we might consider ordinary things. Scary.

I hope our Country never gets that way, although with some of the radical groups opposing so many things here lately and trying to change things and traditions long standing, it is cause for concern, I think.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 4, '07, 6:51 pm

Well, here's another study on animals being smarter than man, or something like that. I'm not sure why I chose to put this under the "ridiculous item of the day", but here goes. I certainly don't doubt that some of those chimps are much smarter than I am, lol. What do you think?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22080399/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 5, '07, 6:13 pm

Another news item that when you first hear about it, you may think it to be ridiculous, but on second glance, it gets you to really thinking.

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/heal ... 02.article

Opinions or Comments?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Dec 5, '07, 6:56 pm

Applebee's, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Starbucks, Asiago Express, Outback Steakhouse, Burger King, Caribou Coffee, Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery(I guess that one makes sense XD) and 3 hotel bars!

XD 3/4 hotel bars alltogether!
Only 28 of 49 were okay! XD

We retrained our staff with the proper handling of ice...
XDDD

I have to say that makes me not want to go out to eat anymore, if thats in Chicago, then it must be complete chaos down here in the south!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation