Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 17, '07, 11:06 am

Hm... I'll have to look at that again later. I would not want to buy any games created by a company that would do such a thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 15, '07, 8:17 pm

I read one yesterday. There was some guy, in England I think, trying to change a tire on his truck. He got all of the nuts off except the last one, which was being stubborn. So what does he do? He gets his shotgun and shoots the nut at point blank range. :dunce:

Needless to say, it ricochets and he gets buckshot or whatever hitting his legs, so he had to go to the hospital. :ouch: I guess he forgot his common sense shield. :shield:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 15, '07, 11:39 pm

Did it work? XD

I had something happen to me in one of my classes, they have the option of
1 getting the homework and learning the lesson,
2 the a three day break,
3 then having review,
4 then take the test
OR
1have the review,
2wait three days to forget everything,
3then take the test,
4then learn the missing lesson in the test.

Needless to say they all agreed that the 2nd option was better. WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING!!! XDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 16, '07, 2:58 am

:faint: Your classmates are crazy, Sparky. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Fri Nov 16, '07, 7:26 pm

Did it work? XD

You know, the article really didn't say. Wouldn't it be a hoot if it actually did loosen the nut? :lol:

I can't believe people wanted to review before the break. Common sense people! Don't give yourself a chance to fail on purpose. :dizzy:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Nov 16, '07, 8:12 pm

Neithird wrote:I read one yesterday. There was some guy, in England I think, trying to change a tire on his truck. He got all of the nuts off except the last one, which was being stubborn. So what does he do? He gets his shotgun and shoots the nut at point blank range. :dunce:

Needless to say, it ricochets and he gets buckshot or whatever hitting his legs, so he had to go to the hospital. :ouch: I guess he forgot his common sense shield. :shield:

Well, I started to say "good for him" until I read the last part about the bullet richocheting back and hitting him. :o I can certainly understand one's frustration being enough to make anyone want to shoot the nut, or whatever the stubborn obstacle might be, but we have to remember that sometimes it only makes the situation worse, not better.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:18 am

xDDD That sounds like something the local boys around here do.. I live pretty far south, so not everyone has the luxery of synpases that come with brain cells.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:37 am

I live south too, not the brightest bunch of people you'll find.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Tue Nov 20, '07, 9:05 pm

There's a ban on Santa saying "Ho, ho, ho" in Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=323480

An article in the newspaper said that one of the main reasons was that women were taking offense to it since it's "the American slang for prostitute". :roll:

It's been like this for generations... Santa has always had that laugh. I see it as harmless, really.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Nov 20, '07, 10:55 pm

*dies of laughter again* x600. "Santa you dog..." XDDDDDDD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation