Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Re: Ridiculous Item Of The Day

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Feb 20, '11, 9:25 pm

Hmm, is this ridiculous or not....you decide!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ldren.html

Personally, I don't see how he gets along with all those women he is married to. Most people have a hard enough time just getting along with one spouse at a time. :wink:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Feb 21, '11, 1:00 am

It's obvious their concepts of love and marriage are far different from ours. I can understand that, though I'm personally a defensor of not only monogamy (based on equal rights), but also only really serious relationship per person per life, as, for me, real love can't end and people should only be in a serious relationship with real love.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Feb 21, '11, 7:49 pm

Here's another possible "ridiculous item of the day" regarding a name chosen for a baby:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/20 ... jan_2.html

what do you think....ridiculous, or not??

Maybe it's just me, but I have to wonder if the baby being a girl had anything to do with her getting a name like this. I wonder if the baby had been a boy if it would have still been given a name like this????

Silver_Surfer1

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Feb 21, '11, 8:04 pm

I hope she can see the Facebook's demise before she grows up, otherwise she will suffer a lot.

I'm in favor of the policy "if you don't have a normal name to give to your son or daughter, take the most common name in your language for men if he is a boy or for women if she is a girl and name him/her so."
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 21, '11, 8:36 pm

That poor kid is going to be on the receiving end of a lot of really bad jokes. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby xellos667 » Mon Feb 21, '11, 8:53 pm

I can understand the reason that lead to this name choice. Because indeed all those social network websites really made a big difference in the whole revolution going on everywhere in many Arab countries currently. Without the global access to what is happening everywhere, and the possibility to reach millions of people to support the cause and show the state of the countries, I'm not sure the revolutions would have started. 20 Years ago only, the same kind of things like the guy setting himself on fire would not have reached the whole world, and the people there would maybe have continued to live under oppression because there would be nothing to support them, or let the world (as in common people) know about the situations, or even people in the same country to group togheter more easily. So yes Social Networking really had A LOT of impact in all those events to a point where I understand why they are so grateful for it.....

BUT this is for the people who live NOW, and to impose the name to a girl who maybe will not care about the meaning of it years later is totally stupid. You can name physical object the way you want...but it's a human being we're talking about. As a father, it's your responsability to see further ahead and think about how bad it will be for your daughter to have a name like that. Plus, like I said, the name was chosen because of the current situation. Ten years later, will the father have named her daughter the same way? I don't think so. Decision based on current event without any consideration for the past and future are always bad one. And to that extent, the father totally "FAIL"!
Last edited by xellos667 on Mon Feb 21, '11, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Lemina » Thu Feb 24, '11, 9:58 pm

Yuckers on the name. Any parent that would do that to their daughter is insensitive, to say the least. Hopefully the daughter will have the ability to change her own name when she gets older.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 12, '11, 12:20 pm

It's been awhile since this thread was updated, but here's a "ridiculous" item for today:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... rrest.html

I suppose it's fun or thrilling to dress up as a superhero, but I would think the fun would end on one being arrested, ya know!!!

By the way, I wonder what he was planning to do with the lead-lined gloves????

Oh well....!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri May 13, '11, 5:23 am

Maybe he thought the gloves would work like brass knuckles, making his punches do more damage? I dunno, it seems like he might be a few cans short of a six pack to me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 4, '11, 12:01 am

Can you believe someone would go to the extreme of selling one of their body parts just to be able to get an IPad and a computer????

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/06/03/ ... t=hs&or=on

That's really ridiculous.

I'd like to know what this boys mother said to him after she found this out. :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation