Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 28, '08, 4:39 pm

I ran across this one today. Driver Who Killed Teen Sues for Damage: http://ktar.com/?nid=331&sid=713105

Talk about greedy and heartless.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 28, '08, 4:54 pm

....Wow. That's all I can say....wow...and reading the whole article just makes me even angrier. Greedy and heartless are not strong enough adjectives. :evil: I really hope that whatever court takes this case throws it out immediately and then arrests this greedy businessman at least for speeding.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 28, '08, 5:30 pm

Yeah, what the heck happened to this guy because of his speeding almost double over the limit? Anything at all? He should be in jail because of speeding, manslaughter with a vehicle, and anything else the cops can think of to throw at him. And, his license should be revoked. This really turns my stomach.

And, what type of an insurance company only pays out that lowly sum to a deceased victim's survivors? I think the guys insuance company scammed the parents to.

And, I can't believe they found the victim guilty because he wasn't wearing reflective clothing! Now that really takes the cake.

They might get away with this in Spain, but I doubt it would pass here in the US.
:fiery:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jan 28, '08, 5:45 pm

Wow sums this one up nicely. What is the world coming to? :grumpy:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:03 pm

*steals the guys car and puts in in the car smasher* Cool, reflective clothing! Sweet, I'd love to be required to wear armor in order to be safe from the law at night! LOL!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 1, '08, 3:32 am

Here's a story that is kind of funny, in a weird sort of way: Man struggles to return from the dead

It's about a Polish fellow who was declared dead, but showed up quite alive and well. Now the government doesn't acknowledge his existence. :sweat:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Feb 1, '08, 3:40 am

Interesting story. Sounds like he will have to go through a lot of red tape to get that changed, if then. I wonder, if he doesn't have a lot of assets, etc., from his former life, if he can just change his name and go on from there?????

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Feb 1, '08, 6:24 am

He is dead, I will make sure of it! lol I don't understand how they can really get that sort of thing mistaken. And if he is alive, why would they deny it?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Fri Feb 1, '08, 9:22 am

thats the government for ya, whatever country it may be, although it makes no sence.. cause while they're focusing on this guy is dead or alive situation they're forgetting one thing.. the body in the ground isn't him, and somone else.. his family and friends do not know he's gone.. he's a unnamed person who's killer may still be out there.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Tsunami » Fri Feb 1, '08, 1:47 pm

The story about the guy being "dead" is just weird. Feel sorry for the fellow.

And what is the world coming to? Brawling at Chuck E. Cheese? Happened in the township near where I live, haha...
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/news ... _ch_1.html

Even more surprising is that they have a liquor license. This, I didn't know about and I find it surprising, especially since it's a place for children.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation