Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 14, '07, 6:41 pm

The stupidest thing about the MacDonalds thing, is that if you park your car and eat in the building, its not doing anything wrong! Its exactly the same though!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sat Dec 15, '07, 2:08 am

I guess they figure that if you eat inside, you're more likely to buy something extra, like a Coke refill. It doesn't make much sense to me either. :dizzy:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 19, '07, 5:59 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22326746/?GT1=10645

This is really silly, imho - first,the fact that the couple want to give their kid this name, and then the fact that the law won't let them do it. :o

I guess they never heard of " The Adams Family " and their daughter " "Wednesday Adams", I think it was, or was it "Tuesday Adams", lol, I forget. :p
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 19, '07, 10:00 pm

There's nothing wrong with the name, but I can see why the court didn't allow it. I don't agree that it calls to mind the character they spoke of, but it might do so in Rome more than it would for me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Wed Dec 19, '07, 10:04 pm

Yeah, I think it was Wednesday. But really, there's a LOT worse names than days of the week. I can think of a few off the top of my head... :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Atolm » Wed Dec 19, '07, 11:03 pm

hahaha. Weird.

Here is another fun ebay bid!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... escription
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 20, '07, 7:20 pm

Atolm, that is a wild ebay auction, lol. I'm always surprised that auctions like this actually get bids and seem to do so well. I guess there are a lot of people that enjoy the humor, etc.

I'm also a little bit surprised that ebay hasn't pulled this one, or something, as it seems that this could be seen as a form or type of harrassment to anyone who may be on the receiving end of these cards, and possibly therefore open to legal prosecution of some type. :yaknow:

Anyway, thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed it. :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Neithird » Thu Dec 20, '07, 8:56 pm

:rofl: I'm tempted to bid on that myself. If the price wasn't so high already, I might do it. That would be an awesome prank.

Did you notice that in the questions, there's at least two talking about a book the seller is putting out? Talking about unique advertising!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 21, '07, 5:36 am

I think that was hilarious. I would sooooo do that, vacation to some country and buy a postcard sending it to an unexpecting old friend, who didn't know of my trick.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 21, '07, 9:37 pm

LOL, here's a funny one:

Some British Scientist somewhere is saying that women who like men who drive sports cars, and other "hot" cars, and the like are a cause of global warming. :o

Women should like men who drive some other type of environmental friendly car, I guess. :rofl:

One sight I saw had the very memorable quote from the movie "Batman Forever" where Batman says to the Nicole Kidman character, "It's the car, right? Chicks dig the car!".

Ummm, yeah, if it is The Batmobile, they sure do! :yes:

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation