Page 39 of 42  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 16, '12, 11:50 am 
Eh, they should have just given the kid a grade of zero on the assignment and let that be the end of it. This isn't something that should be taking up time in the courts, IMO. That said, I doubt the school administration would back down from their decision for any reason lesser than a court ordering them to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 5, '13, 11:38 pm 
Egads, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted in this topic lol but let's change that right now with this "ridiculous" story that I read about in the news recently with a young kid being suspended from school all because supposedly he ate his pop tart fashioned supposedly in the shape of a gun, or something like that:

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/bal ... gun/nWg4N/

Although I can sympathize with those who may be upset about the recent school shootings, etc., and may be a little careful because of that....come on folks... this was only a POP TART!!! Get real!!! Suspending this kid was a little overboard, imho!!

What say everyone else??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 7, '13, 2:41 pm 
The punishment may be overkill, but it is also not very surprising. People are extremely sensitive when it comes to kids playing with anything shaped like a gun now. It has been that way for years - not just because of the school shootings. It's illegal in the US to sell any toy that looks even slightly like a realistic gun because years ago, a cop thought a kid who had a toy gun was brandishing a real weapon and shot the kid. I'm not sure if a Pop Tart would fall into the "realistic" description, but learning the lesson "don't even pretend to have a gun" could very well save this kid's life somewhere down the line.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, '13, 10:38 pm 
Thought I would revisit the "ridiculous" story mentioned above due to something I saw online in the news yesterday. It's been about a year or so since this happened with the kid eating his pop tart in the shape of a gun, etc., and being suspended from school for the act. However, now the NRA has decided to give the kid a lifetime membership in it's group.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-year-ol ... 34921.html

If you ask me, that is another "ridiculous" story in itself. JMHO.

Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Fri May 31, '13, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, '13, 7:13 pm 
Okay, I saw this "ridiculous" item this morning and just had to post a link to it. Someone trying to jump over their back yard swimming pool with their vehicle, and needless to say, they don't make it:

http://www.today.com/video/today/52166069/#52166069

Totally ridiculous if you ask me. I wonder how people come up with these weird ideas? Well, atleast it did get them on the news. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, '13, 2:17 am 
Wow.. think about how much damage the guy did to the pool. Let along the jeep. I bet alcohol and/or drugs were involved.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 6, '13, 2:29 pm 
Guess you might say this is kind of ridiculous:

http://glo.msn.com/beauty/glo-grab-bag- ... setId=1397

Would you marry....yourself????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 7, '13, 1:13 pm 
I wonder how it would be divorcing afterwards :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, '13, 7:55 pm 
Ha ha, that's an interesting point, tili! I wonder if you are supposed to get yourself to sign a pre-nup before the marriage ceremony. Wild!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, '13, 10:21 pm 
I love me...so I'll marry me ! lol ;) Ridiculous item but very funny one ! :)

Page 39 of 42  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next