Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Sep 22, '07, 1:01 am

Tsunami wrote:Wow, okay... If he can get away with suing God, then I want to sue Santa Claus for breaking and entering. :D
:rofl:

Secret_Surfer wrote:it might be interesting to see who comes out the victor, if anyone, and what possible precedent this might set.
If the case isn't thrown out without argument, then the precedent that will be set will be the end of the United States. Subjective law would be introduced, and destroy the concept of justice. Both sides are completely wrong. I point to Tsunami's statement again!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Tsunami » Sat Sep 22, '07, 2:37 am

The Komrade wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Wow, okay... If he can get away with suing God, then I want to sue Santa Claus for breaking and entering. :D
:rofl:

Secret_Surfer wrote:it might be interesting to see who comes out the victor, if anyone, and what possible precedent this might set.
If the case isn't thrown out without argument, then the precedent that will be set will be the end of the United States. Subjective law would be introduced, and destroy the concept of justice. Both sides are completely wrong. I point to Tsunami's statement again!

Haha, thanks. :D I couldn't resist commenting...this whole case is ludicrous, if you ask me.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Sep 23, '07, 1:24 am

Tsunami wrote:Haha, thanks. :D I couldn't resist commenting...this whole case is ludicrous, if you ask me.
:wink: That was a good one!
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 25, '07, 3:46 pm

Well, I think that the Iranian President Ahmadinjad (sp?) and his speech given at the United Nations yesterday may fit rather nicely in this category of "Ridiculous item of the day". :yaknow:

Did anyone else hear or watch his speech? If so, what did you think of all he said, and what the Columbia Professor said to him before his speech?

I admit it, I watched it all. I wasn't even going to give it the time of day, but somehow got mesmerized into watching it after listening to all the news reports, etc.

The Columbia Professor really came down hard on Iran's President, as somebody should have done in my opinion, but it was kind of insulting and rude as Ahmadinjad responded back, especially after Columbia had invited him there so nicely over the protests of many. :roll: I still can't figure out what Columbia's motive for all this was - just publicity - I don't know! :hmm:

According to Iran's President, the women in Iran have all sorts of freedoms, etc., however listening to others speak about this later, it does not seem to be the case. Women can only go so far in learning and schools there, and they must have permission from their spouses, fathers, etc., to even do that. They must cover their hair, etc., at all times, and other various restrictions. That doesn't sound like freedom to me.

Also, Iran's President says there are no homosexuals in Iran. How does he know that, I wonder? :?

Also, Iran's President commented on his previous words and statements regarding The Holocaust, etc. I thought he tried to get out of that rather well, but didn't quite make it.

I didn't learn much more than I already thought I knew about this guy. He is very clever and he is trying to use that in making the world try and see his views, opinions. Scary. :hand:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Sep 26, '07, 12:49 am

I think :hand: sums it up. I refused to listen to his comments at all. Someone that crazy doesn't deserve to be handed a microphone to rattle on about nonsense.

Speaking of Ridiculous... has anyone ever heard of the Unification Church? I read an article yesterday entitled, "Money, Guns, God" about it. It evidently started up in South Korea, with the minister claiming to have spoken to God and the he and his wife are called The True Parents, and their kids are called The True Children. I'm not sure when they came to this country, but the Church is famous for mass weddings, (several thousand people are married at once, talk about obliteration of individuality...) they own all sorts of companies you wouldn't imagine in all sorts of different fields: they own the Washington Times Newspaper, United Press International, Atlantic Video, two professional sports teams in South America, the New Yorker Hotel in Manhattan, The World Foods, (largest seafood distributor in the US) a ship building business, and a company started by their son that manufactures.... guns. In fact, their top-selling gun is the smallest concealed weapon in the world.

Now, I believe people can hold whatever ideas they want, but the stated aim of the Church is to take over the world. I guess that's where the guns come in. :o The son of this couple is going to run the Church next, and has a fascination with weapons that the best word I could use in regard to it as... erotic. :blank:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 26, '07, 6:28 pm

The Komrade wrote:has anyone ever heard of the Unification Church?

I have heard of them, but like Thoul stated, I absolutely did not know that they were that much involved in business, and especially businesses in the USA. That is beyond scary! :yikes:

I think I basically just dismissed them from my mind when I heard about them. Ever since the other mass group that committed suicide years ago lead by another maniac mad man, I haven't given groups like this much of a thought, but maybe we should, and especially be aware of all the tactics they are up too, especially in business. The gun thing is scary too.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 26, '07, 6:38 pm

Not sure if this qualifies for "ridiculous" but it might.

A 43 year old Russian woman has given birth to her 12th child, (yes, that's right - her 12th child), and it was a girl who weighed 17 pounds (yes, that's right - seventeen pounds) at birth!

:o :? :eyebrow: :hmm: :boggled:

The average weight for most newborn babies is around seven pounds.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 29, '07, 5:28 am

Well, I had a real good one for "ridiculous item of the day", but I forgot what it was. :lol: So, I'll go with this item for now. I saw on the drudge report site that Iran's President Ahmadinjad (sp?) has issued an invitation to President Bush to speak in Iran, probably at a college or something, if he ever visits there. :zombie: Oh yeah, I can see Bush planning to visit there now. :hand: :blindfold: :footinmouth:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Sat Sep 29, '07, 12:17 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:I saw on the drudge report site that Iran's President Ahmadinjad (sp?) has issued an invitation to President Bush to speak in Iran, probably at a college or something, if he ever visits there. :zombie: Oh yeah, I can see Bush planning to visit there now. :hand: :blindfold: :footinmouth:

Yeah, that'll be the day. :roll: If he went, he'd never be seen again.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Sun Sep 30, '07, 12:20 am

Thoul wrote:
Secret_Surfer wrote:I saw on the drudge report site that Iran's President Ahmadinjad (sp?) has issued an invitation to President Bush to speak in Iran, probably at a college or something, if he ever visits there. :zombie: Oh yeah, I can see Bush planning to visit there now. :hand: :blindfold: :footinmouth:

Yeah, that'll be the day. :roll: If he went, he'd never be seen again.

But...wouldn't that be a good thing? :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation