Ridiculous Item Of The Day

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Aug 27, '07, 1:12 am

Atolm wrote:Here is a new one:

China Bans Reincarnation Without Government Permission

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227400/site/newsweek/
I don't know how you could find any better proof that communism isn't based on logic than that story! I find it highly ironic seeing two forms of illogic fighting each other. :roll:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 27, '07, 5:06 am

Interesting article. At first glance, it does sound ridiculous (to say the least), however after reading the part about China's true motive behind it all, it begins to make a lot more sense. Still, I don't believe in reincarnation at all. Although anything is possible, I suppose.
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 18, '07, 4:59 pm

Heard a new one this morning on the news. It seems a Senator is sueing God. :blank:

Here's a link to read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20827350/?GT1=10357
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby The $ Avenger » Tue Sep 18, '07, 11:07 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:Heard a new one this morning on the news. It seems a Senator is sueing God. :blank:

Here's a link to read more:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20827350/?GT1=10357
Does he think God will show up for the trial? :o
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 19, '07, 7:23 pm

The Komrade wrote:Does he think God will show up for the trial? :o

Wouldn't it be a hoot, if HE (God) actually did show up! Imagine the news reports everyone would have covering that trial, etc. :idea:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 19, '07, 9:49 pm

The article says the senator is trying to make a point about frivolous lawsuits. Doesn't anyone ever realize that trying to make a point about something being ridiculous by doing that very thing always backfires?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Thu Sep 20, '07, 12:13 am

Thoul wrote:The article says the senator is trying to make a point about frivolous lawsuits. Doesn't anyone ever realize that trying to make a point about something being ridiculous by doing that very thing always backfires?
Yeah, I always take things as literally as possible!

Here's another one: director David Cronenberg says that his new movie, Eastern Promises, about the Russia mob is "capitalism in its most predatory form.” :evil:

People should understand concepts before they start trying to destroy them. The Russian mob is the one of the most obvious examples of the antithesis of capitalism; altruism. Another reason why I don't go to the movies anymore. :roll:
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 20, '07, 7:30 pm

Secret_Surfer wrote:Wouldn't it be a hoot, if HE (God) actually did show up!

Well, shiver me timbers, lol. Forgive me, I know "talk like a pirate day" was yesterday but I'm still trying to catch up. :D

Anyway, I heard on the news this morning that " someone " actually did show up yesterday, probably representing or standing in for "God", or something like that. :blank:

Ya know, this case might turn out to be interesting. :hyper:

I understand the reason why this Senator guy is doing all this but as has been previously stated, he's only succeeding in doing what he himself is protesting about. However, now that someone or something is standing up and representing " God's " side of the case, it might be interesting to see who comes out the victor, if anyone, and what possible precedent this might set. :hmm:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Tsunami » Fri Sep 21, '07, 10:23 am

Wow, okay... If he can get away with suing God, then I want to sue Santa Claus for breaking and entering. :D
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Sep 22, '07, 12:19 am

Tsunami wrote:Wow, okay... If he can get away with suing God, then I want to sue Santa Claus for breaking and entering. :D

:clap: :lol: :up: Good one, Tsunami!

I heard another mention about this law suit versus God this morning on the news. Evidently, " God " has responded by saying he is " immune to earthly laws ". :blank: :clap: :D

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Casual Conversation