Reviews of Veronica

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Veronica

Postby Review Type S-2 » Fri Aug 20, '10, 5:28 pm

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Veronica by Aeroprism. You may use this topic to let Aeroprism know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Veronica. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Veronica

Postby Tanith » Fri Aug 20, '10, 5:43 pm

Okay, so that made me cry. Hard. You were able to get me to feel real dread for the narrator. I knew something was really wrong, but since I wasn't sure what, I was compelled to keep reading even though I knew it wouldn't end well. And what a gut-wrenching ending. Wow. That's powerful, Aero. Well done.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Aug 20, '10, 10:25 pm

While I didn't cry, I did see the emotion. I saw something tragic was going to happen early on, I just didn't know what until I got closer to the end. Then when I thought I figured things out, it was much more different than I assumed it to be.

Nicely done, my eyes almost watered. -_-
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 23, '10, 5:04 am

I knew something was up. A guy just simply does not forget his wife is gone on a trip and then calls the police. Very compelling story as you know something dramtic is going to happen, you just don't know what it is. Interesting. Sad ending, and not totally unexpected, but still the mystery keeps you reading onward. Great story.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby tilinelson2 » Mon Oct 11, '10, 8:53 pm

The story is very good. After the second day, I really thought something serious has happened to Veronica and the guy didn't remember, but the story is very well written and the emotions are very real.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby jessie » Tue Mar 6, '12, 1:31 am

Wow! Really had an emotional impact. The point of view draws you into the character and as I read i was trying to understand what was happening and then...wow!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Return to Reviews