Reviews of Towards the Heavens

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Towards the Heavens

Postby Review Type S-2 » Tue Dec 28, '10, 12:49 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Towards the Heavens by augmentedfourth. You may use this topic to let augmentedfourth know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Towards the Heavens. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Towards the Heavens

Postby Wing Eye » Tue Dec 28, '10, 10:39 pm

This one was really sad :cry: I really like how you describe Dezorian life, its nice to think of Dezorians as hospitable and religious people.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Dec 29, '10, 3:53 pm

Thanks for the review. :) One of the things I like about PSI is that not every single little thing is explained (I'm looking at you, PSIV), and one of the things that always stuck in my mind was that random girl in a small cave in the middle of nowhere telling you about the aeroprism. Why is she stuck there? How did she get there? Isn't she cold? How does she know about the aeroprism? It only took me about 20 years to be able to explain it away with fanfic. ;)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Wing Eye » Wed Dec 29, '10, 6:37 pm

I guess you haven't played the retranslation or read a translated script, but in the Japanese version that girl is one of the developers and she says "I am 'Otegami Chie-chan!’ Thanks for all your letters. Please tell us how you feel about this game. We’ll be waiting."
Some of the developers made appearances in the game, but the only one who made it to the English version was Gamer Miki (who in the Japanese version asks if you are playing the game on a Master System, and comments on the FM sound if you say yes)
I really liked your story and think its great that you can explain random things in the game like that :)
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby augmentedfourth » Thu Dec 30, '10, 2:16 am

I haven't played a retranslation. I vaguely remember starting to read a translated script once upon a time, but clearly, I didn't finish it. :lol: Anyway, that's kinda cool. I always loved the appearance of Miki in the middle of the game asking if I liked Sega games, but that seems like one of those things that could get old quickly, or detract from the player's experience if it's used too much.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby H-Man » Sun Mar 6, '11, 9:16 pm

Enjoyable story, AugFourth. Sad at the end, but in an appropriate way.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Reviews