Reviews of Lassic´s Political Testament

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Lassic´s Political Testament

Postby Review Type S-2 » Mon Aug 16, '10, 3:31 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Lassic´s Political Testament by tilinelson2. You may use this topic to let tilinelson2 know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Lassic´s Political Testament. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Lassic´s Political Testament

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 16, '10, 4:54 am

Interesting story. Very short. :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Aug 18, '10, 3:09 pm

Interesting piece there!

Good perspective, well written. The man was foolish enough to trust Dark Force. The irony is delicious.

Yup. Nice work.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Xander » Wed Aug 18, '10, 4:37 pm

Sentiments duly echoed. This is a very nice piece of writing. :) And it's always nice to see just how someone in Lassic's position would feel when he realises the everything he's worked to achieve is unraveling and out of his control.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Aug 19, '10, 4:17 pm

Thanks people. One thing that I always had in mind is that Lassic, unlike Zio, for example, wanted to oppress people and rule the world, not to destroy it. You can see in the dialogues that Lassic's actions are more restricting the liberty of Algolians, frightening people and enforcing his rule that destroying the entire system. Evidences for that is that he imposed martial law, prohibited navigation to weak trading cities, arrested foes in prisons, etc.
So, in my mind Lassic wanted to be the ruler of the entire system and teamed up with Dark Force (who, in its turn wanted to destroy the system) to achieve that, so that is why his political testament fits the history. That is why I didn't like his reappearance in PSIV, because it didn't have logical reasons.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby H-Man » Thu Mar 10, '11, 5:32 pm

Finally read this. Short, but really enjoyable. You're command of English here is quite good.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby carlsojos » Thu Mar 10, '11, 5:56 pm

I do note your statement about Lassic in PSIV; I think it could be that the creators may have interpreted the past in a different way, or maybe a few thousand years of existing in pure hatred could've corrupted him beyond his intelligence. It's a bit fuzzy, and that's how your story can coexist with the 2 opposing depictions of him.

Good flash fiction overall.
In some stories, the princess is her own hero....
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 116

Postby Tanith » Fri May 6, '11, 2:33 am

Really good, tili. Short but to the point and very well-written. Lassic finally has a moment of clarity only after his demise, which is a true testament to the power of evil. What's interesting is how he directs this at the Profound Darkness/Dark Force/Whoever haunted and controlled him, and there's no mention of regret towards his people or his planet, only regret that he allowed himself to be duped. I like that very much and feel it's in keeping with his dark, egotistical, greedy nature. He didn't have a sudden change of heart; he was still mad. Great job. You should write more stories like this.
Last edited by Tanith on Fri May 6, '11, 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Return to Reviews