Reviews of Neifirst

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Neifirst

Postby Review Type S-2 » Fri Mar 4, '11, 3:22 pm

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Neifirst by carlsojos. You may use this topic to let carlsojos know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Neifirst. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Neifirst

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Mar 9, '11, 2:08 am

Nice story. Poor Neifirst, one can see why she would be so upset with all mankind.
Though I don´t like the idea of Numans being made as a project, as it is stated in the game that they were a failed experiment with human and animal cells, (and I loathe the excuse for throwing Rika on PSIV) the story is well-developed anyway.
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby carlsojos » Wed Mar 9, '11, 2:23 am

tilinelson2 wrote:...as it is stated in the game that they were a failed experiment with human and animal cells....

I've yet to play PSII, and out of my desire for an interesting twist, decided to make Neifirst the reason of the accident, rather than the result. I just did my interpretive dance on what little of the script I've read to make this one; I toyed with the possibility of canon actually being disinformation during the planning phase, but most of the results haven't come to fruition yet. Maybe later, when I reach the projected point where this story starts to splinter. I'm looking forward to that.
In some stories, the princess is her own hero....
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 116

Re: Reviews of Separate Ways

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Mar 10, '11, 10:31 am

Interesting take on how the girls got separated. Nicely written.

It is curious to see Neifirst feeling compassion towards her sister, though, as her main goal in PSII was exactly to kill her sister; she refuses to fight you if Nei is already dead. I wonder what may have happened to them meanwhile...
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby carlsojos » Thu Mar 10, '11, 3:11 pm

tilinelson2 wrote:It is curious to see Neifirst feeling compassion towards her sister, though....

I'm not sure whether that was a purely compassionate move- I'm pretty sure a random house would've been a better choice than the mansion of the person she just tried to murder. That scientist is gonna be a bit neurotic about Numans hiding under the bed for a while, and I'm sure Neifirst would realize that.
In some stories, the princess is her own hero....
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 116

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 14, '11, 10:54 pm

Good story. It's hard to believe that some people can be so cruel, especially as the professor was to Neifirst.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 15, '11, 4:23 am

Good story, although as pointed out in the post above, you have to wonder why she would take her sister/the baby and leave it at the doorstep of the person she just tried to kill and probably didn't trust at all. Logic makes one think that might be the last place she would turn to, but who knows.

Also, never hide under the bed if possible...that's one of the first places anyone might look, lol.

Enjoyable story with some action and suspense that keeps you wondering what will happen next.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Wed Apr 13, '11, 11:23 am

The use of the present tense in your writing is similar to some Brazilian literature which I've read before. It's different, I'll give you that. In any case, it was an entertaining story you wrote and turns Neifirst into as much of a tragic character as Nei was.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Return to Reviews