Reviews of Memory of the Thorned Rose

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Memory of the Thorned Rose

Postby Review Type S-2 » Sun Feb 15, '09, 5:08 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Memory of the Thorned Rose, the fan fiction by Snorb. You may use this topic to let Snorb know what you think of this story. When commenting on the story, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Memory of the Thorned Rose. If you would like to discuss another story, please do so in that story's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Postby Snorb » Sun Feb 15, '09, 5:40 am

Happy Late Valentine's Day present to Fringes of Algo! ^_^x
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 16, '09, 3:30 pm

Excellent story, Snorb! I think I've not seen this pairing before, but it feels very perfect and natural thanks to your great presentation. There are lots of great little touches in all of the characterizations here.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Reviews of Memory of the Thorned Rose

Postby H-Man » Fri Jul 9, '10, 2:39 am

What a beautiful story. It just inspires the romantic writer inside of me. I never imagined that pairing, but you made it work. Thanks for sharing it!
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby H-Man » Tue Jul 13, '10, 9:14 pm

I think this is my all-time favorite romantic PS III story. I can't stop reading it. The only thing that I'm a bit suspect of is the notion that Laya and Kara would never again visit or see Sean, which I inferred from a passage in the story. I guess I've read enough fanfics in which Sari regularly visited Azura that it seems unlikely that the heroes' parting was permanent. Beyond that, a great love story.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby tilinelson2 » Wed Apr 20, '11, 5:51 am

Lovely story. Why do you all have a thing for Mieu? :p
Anyway, I loved your Mieu characterization. She is superb. You've got me wishing for a happy end. Luckily you are not me, so your stories always fulfill our romantic wishes.

Keep them coming, Snorb!
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Return to Reviews