Reviews of Purpose

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Purpose

Postby Review Type S-2 » Tue Jul 26, '11, 3:11 pm

Hello,

You may use this topic to share your thoughts regarding Purpose by augmentedfourth. When reviewing, try to go into detail about what you enjoy or feel could be improved in Purpose. Both praise and constructive criticism intended to help augmentedfourth in future endeavors are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive comments.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Purpose. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Fringes of Algo Staff
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Purpose

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jul 27, '11, 6:54 am

Beautiful story. A little sad, but in a way very uplifting and inspiring also. Excellent writing.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby snowdragon » Wed Jul 27, '11, 8:40 pm

Kara's very brave in going the opposite way that the other people were going. Sean's a fool for not picking her as his mate. The entire story was good reading although the last scene sent chills up my spine. I don't think I would have been as brave as she.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Postby H-Man » Sat Aug 6, '11, 2:31 am

Well, A4, I didn't take a quadruple dose of medicine after reading this. ;) That said, it's a beautifully-written story and, though Kara's ultimate decision and fate is a bit depressing, the story itself isn't half as miserable as I thought it was going to be. If Kara had only known that in another dimension, there are fans of PS that care about her and what happens to her. :D I'm also glad that you wrote Sean out to be an un-emo type after the big battle, too.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 13, '16, 4:45 pm

Gave this story another quick read this morning and was once again impressed with how beautiful I found it to be. Maybe a little sad in some respects but overall I find it inspiring.

Excellent writing as always augumentedfourth! Thanks for sharing this story with us.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby augmentedfourth » Sat Mar 19, '16, 3:12 am

Haha, it took me a while to remember I wrote this one when I saw the post on the main page. Ooops. :D (Hey, in my defense, it's been a few years!)

Anyway, thanks SS1 (and others I missed 4+ years ago). This one might have been a little maudlin, but you know what they say, it's easier to write drama than comedy. Or something. Either way, I like to vary my levels of seriousness, it keeps me interested in writing all these years later. :wink:
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Return to Reviews