Reviews of Esmeray Story: The Melting Point

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Esmeray Story: The Melting Point

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 15, '10, 12:31 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Esmeray Story: The Melting Point by Tanith. You may use this topic to let Tanith know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Esmeray Story: The Melting Point. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Last edited by Thoul on Thu Aug 19, '10, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: [CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT] Esmeray Story: The Melting Point

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Aug 16, '10, 7:14 pm

You know... a DM feels pride when he sees this. This. This is the result of seeds I have planted in the form of EOTA in your imagination. Then people like you grow these seeds and harvest the fruits of awesomeness.

If I go any deeper in fruity imagery, I'll have to knock myself out, for my own sake.

Am I making sense? Does it matter? All that matters is that this is awesome ans I am gonna make awesome games based on this.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: [CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT] Esmeray Story: The Melting Point

Postby Tanith » Mon Aug 16, '10, 7:34 pm

Yay! Glad you liked it! And I'm having a blast developing Esmeray. I was kind of meh on her when I created her, for reasons I think I've explained to you. Now, she's totally awesome. In my own head, I mean. ;)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Reviews of Esmeray Story: The Melting Point

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Aug 20, '10, 12:03 am

I just read both segments so far and found them very enjoyable. It will be interesting to see what's ahead for Emanuel and Esmeray. They both have qualities and attributes that are fascinating. Excellent writing, Tanith. :clap:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tanith » Fri Aug 20, '10, 4:49 am

Oh wow, glad you liked it, SS1. I guess it can stand alone as a story since the Espers are kind of secluded from the rest of Algo. (One of the reasons I picked an Esper as a character was because it would be harder for me to screw up and get out of context. ;))

Anyway, more is coming soon!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Aeroprism » Fri Aug 20, '10, 5:50 pm

I am thrilled to see the espers get some development love.

But more than that, this story has grasped me directly by the heart. Were I a player in this campaign, I would go nuts for Esmeray.

Powerful.

Incredibly powerful.

Well done my friend.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Solar » Tue Aug 24, '10, 11:17 am

The violin playing scene was really intense. I always thought it was stupid that in PS2 you needed a technique to play a simple instrument, but now I understand that in the hands of a master like Ustvestia or Esmeray, it can do much more than that. It all makes sense to me now, thanks to your ingeniosity.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Tanith » Tue Aug 24, '10, 5:15 pm

Thank you, Solar. This is a great opportunity for me to expand on technique usage. While it's great that techniques can blow the crap out of enemies, I think it's reasonable to assume that technique energy can be adapted for a variety uses. It's just that in a real video game, no one cares if your techniques are good at controlling animals or enhancing music. ;)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Return to Reviews