Reviews of Dumpster Diving For Fun and Profit

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Dumpster Diving For Fun and Profit

Postby Review Type S-2 » Sat Jan 12, '08, 4:48 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Dumpster Diving For Fun and Profit, the fan fiction by Snorb. You may use this topic to let Snorb know what you think of this story. When commenting on the story, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Dumpster Diving For Fun and Profit. If you would like to discuss another story, please do so in that story's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Postby Snorb » Sat Jan 12, '08, 4:57 am

I used Shir's Japanese name in the story due to my preference- I just think Shiruka sounds a bit more complete than Shir. Other than that, I hope I got everyone's character right. yay first fic, so please be brutal ^_^)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jan 12, '08, 5:04 am

Ahh... That was great. xD I loved Hugh's fascination, though it ended up backfiring in the end. You should definitely write more, Snorb.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 12, '08, 5:25 am

definetly write more.. i enjoyed this, and i bet everyone else will to.. its good to see other people writing for a change though :rofl:
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 12, '08, 6:33 pm

lol, I really liked the "to be continued..." ending. XDDD Also, do you really find the Jetscooter like that? XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 12, '08, 6:59 pm

if you did then my life woulda been easier yesterday when i was trying to get it for the past 3 days ><
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jan 13, '08, 3:00 am

Interesting story, and not what you would typically expect, lol. Can't wait to read the sequel. :yaknow:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 14, '08, 6:30 am

Nice... very vivid imagery and excellent characterization. Especially on Shir and her smelling Laconia excuse for not going with the others.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Shinuzzo » Mon Jan 14, '08, 7:43 am

I always thought Shir should have been able to join before you get the Jet Scooter. It's stupid that Piata has all those bridges around it and none of them connect to the rest of Motavia. Of course any well-written story that focuses around Rolf, Nei, and Shir certainly has my approval.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Dorrinal » Tue Jan 29, '08, 7:17 pm

Perhaps I'm just a curmudgeon, but I stopped reading after "T_T"

It's about Shir? Maybe I'll give it another chance.
Dorrinal
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 11

Next

Return to Reviews