Reviews of Fighting As One

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Fighting As One

Postby Review Type S-2 » Sat Mar 19, '11, 10:49 pm

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Fighting As One by H-Man. You may use this topic to let H-Man know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Fighting As One. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Fighting As One

Postby tilinelson2 » Sat Mar 19, '11, 11:07 pm

Great story. You´ve brought again the central issue of PSIII: prejudice. And in a quite good manner. You have made a good mix of drama, fighting and romance in the same story. Poor Rulakir, learned the hard way that he was wrong.

Great character development. You managed to give some life to the otherwise bland Aron. Good work!
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Mar 21, '11, 12:03 am

As always, your fight scene was very clear and well-written and I knew exactly what was going on. It definitely emphasized one of the game's points in that regardless of the decisions the player makes, the final hero will be part Layan/part Orakian.

I especially liked how you touched on Laya's reaction to Nial marrying Alair, as that's always bugged me about the game (as little mention is made of it). I always refused to believe that Laya would just go back to sleep for 18 years, wake up to see the son of her romantic rival, and just follow him along, no questions asked. Or even if she did just immediately go with him, she must have been feeling something about the awkward situation.

It's good to see Aron getting some attention. The only thing missing was more Alair, but I can live with that. :wink:
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Thoul » Mon Apr 25, '11, 10:46 pm

A very well written story, H-Man. I enjoyed the action sequence and this unique look at the combined heritage of Aron. Showing how Aron has embraced both parts of his linage is a good way to approach the game's theme of overcoming old prejudices.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Reviews