Reviews of Another Fine Mess

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of Another Fine Mess

Postby Review Type S-2 » Thu Jun 17, '10, 4:08 am

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of Another Fine Mess by Snorb. You may use this topic to let Snorb know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of Another Fine Mess. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of Another Fine Mess

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Jun 17, '10, 6:19 am

Huzzah! Finally, an original story! Well Snorb, I'm just going to assume that this is that "something special" you were telling me about. Gotta say, can't wait till you start, I'm sure I can convince a friend of mine to read it when you post up the first chapter.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Tanith » Fri Jun 18, '10, 11:51 pm

I'm really looking forward to this story, Snorb. Your characters all sound fascinating, and it must have taken huge amounts of creativity to create a modern world without explosives (except, as you say, fireworks). Did the bit about not developing gunpowder have anything to do with the original assignment?
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Snorb » Sat Jun 19, '10, 6:37 am

@Tanith: I'm glad you're looking forward to the story! The lack of firearms had nothing to do with the class- it was my idea, in an effort to make it feel slightly more quasi-samurai.

@Atlin: Yep, this is the "something unique" I talked about. =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Return to Reviews