Reviews of Alone in the World (Chapter One)

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 22, '07, 10:23 pm

I like your writing, it reminds me of how I write quite a bit. Your style is different turning left when I may go keep going on with it, but the head along a similar destination. The descriptions are consistent, yet lacking only slightly, having the main focus on the storyline. I enjoy every chapter, finding I can't stop and waiting for what happens in the next. I can imagine what is happening in the story easily able to associate the words with my own images to form a movie-like story that would be linear with the rest of the series for the most part, though detail is put at an average level. Overall I give this story a 3, deciding that it has a firm destiny, but lacking in writer's talent in detail. I wait in high anticipation for the next chapter.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Nov 24, '07, 10:23 pm

before anyone says anything i know chapter seven is lacking in some parts.. i need to branch out these next few chapters so they will be a bit on the short side ok, i know the writing is terrible to, just don't critisize the whole thing badly because of a chapter that maybe lacking a little.. just wait for chapter 8 everything will get better.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 27, '07, 12:20 am

In chapter seven, I think the part that needs the most work is the transition from the video to the action. It is a little too sudden, in my opinion. Overall it is a good chapter, it just needs a little polish.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Dec 1, '07, 6:45 pm

i shall get back to this as soon as my concussion goes away
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Neithird » Sun Dec 2, '07, 4:13 pm

Concussion? Ouch, what happened? :ouch: I hope you feel better soon. :)
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Tue Dec 11, '07, 12:18 am

i should be getting back to this soon, just havent had any inspiration lately.. i'm gonna sit my butt down this weekend and write my * off
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Celeith » Thu Dec 13, '07, 5:47 pm

i actually wrote chapter 8 tuesday, figured since i didn't have anything to do i'd sit down start thinking and writing. hopfully everyone will enjoy the story still. chapter 9 and up will be better, that short chapter 6-8 was a bit complicated for me but i think i've improved alot over the last few months. and about your earlier post thoul about that video with nara's dad, how can i explain it.. it was a video but it wasn't at the same time. think of it like a anime or a video game, its more of a flashback scene that would only appear but your character didn't actually see it, so i guess in writing the transition from that is a bit complicated to do.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:09 pm

My friend always does her flashbacks with an asterisk before and after each paragraph, and when its on word she indents it as well. I don't do them too often so, I have to agree that they're difficult XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 14, '07, 4:45 am

Ah, I see, it was a flashback. Yeah, the transitions like that can be very tricky to handle. The new chapters are good, even though they feel a bit brief. I look forward to more. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Thu Mar 20, '08, 7:05 pm

hope everyone enjoys the new chapter.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews