Reviews of Accepting Fate

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Re: Reviews of Accepting Fate

Postby Lucas » Sun Apr 11, '10, 11:04 am

Wow that was fast. :D
It is a sad chapter but its what I want to help build Autumn’s character. And like you said it does highlight the brutal world they’re in. It’s what hunters do and put up with I guess you could say.
About halfway through writing chapter 12 too. :wink:

EDIT

My previous chapters have been quite action heavy :punch:. Chapter 12 kind of is but 13 is when you can comfortably expect to see some more character development and relationships I promise. 8)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lucas » Wed Apr 21, '10, 2:21 am

Chapter 13 is done. It’s quite plot significant especially on Will’s behalf. The "Elisa story arc" is starting to come to a close now. In the next few chapters I’ll have everything summed up. But Accepting Fate as a “Whole” is far from over trust me.

----------------------------------

Also just to let you guys in on a bit of Aussie grammar, you’ll probably see I have the addition of a “U” in a fair few words I write. This rule applies to us in Australia and a few other countries. I’ll show you.

Color = = = Colour
Armor = = = Armour
Favorite = = = Favourite
Mom = = = Mum

Same word and means the exact same thing. Only difference is the Aussie way of spelling requires a U.

Happy reading everyone. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Wed Apr 21, '10, 2:40 am

Lucas wrote:Also just to let you guys in on a bit of Aussie grammar, you’ll probably see I have the addition of a “U” in a fair few words I write. This rule applies to us in Australia and a few other countries. I’ll show you.

Color = = = Colour
Armor = = = Armour
Favorite = = = Favourite
Mom = = = Mum

Same word and means the exact same thing. Only difference is the Aussie way of spelling requires a U.

I think the USA is the odd one out when it comes to English vocabulary. Canada and the UK spell them the way you described, too. I've gotten used to it from being on different message boards, and quite honestly, I like it. :) It makes me feel connected to more of the world. (As an aside, I spelled attorney as "attourney" once on a report I wrote for my job, which someone immediately criticized. I snottily told them that's how they spell attorney everywhere else BUT the US. They weren't impressed. :D )

There are differences with s/z and c/s, too. Like realize/realise and defense/defence.

Anyway, looking forward to catching up with your story. Can't wait to learn more about the other characters!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Lucas » Thu Apr 22, '10, 8:56 am

Tanith wrote:
There are differences with s/z and c/s, too. Like realize/realise and defense/defence.

Ah yes, I almost forgot about those ones. Man the English language can be crazy.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Fri Apr 23, '10, 5:29 am

Love the latest chapter, Lucas. Excellent back story! It's one of my favorite chapters so far.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Fri Apr 23, '10, 11:54 am

Thanks Tanith. Also the Dragon that appeared I’ve mentioned before, I never made it noticeable though but it’s the same one I briefly introduced in Chapter 6. Could it be a significant character?…maybe?Also I gave away that Will stole his common “kiddo” word from Sparks who used to call him that. He now uses it on Autumn years later.

The theme has been getting a little dark lately I must admit. But I kind of wanted it too. Because my characters aren’t dealing with your average bio-monsters much now, these are the employees of pure evil I guess you could say :lol: . Each battle I put my characters into I try and make it escalate from the previous one. As though they’re getting stronger and learning.

Thanks again for the feedback. I’m glad your enjoying it. :D

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Fri May 7, '10, 3:19 pm

Okay chapter fifteen is up and done. I really enjoyed writing that chapter for a few reasons. The main one being Autumn and Elisa finally confront and briefly talk to each other since being separated from the very first chapter (man I wrote that one a while ago :faint: ). Also Re-Faze appears once again in his god form. Now be honest who knew Re-Faze was the old man I made appear in chapter 4. Kudos to you if you worked it out. Also I just had to add in another enemy from PSIV this one being the Shriekers but their encounter was only brief as the focus of this chapter was on the Profound Darkness. Where did Dark Force disappear too…? :hmm:

The Profound Darkness revealed she had help escaping from the seal. Who helped her out…think back to a certain drawing I did.

Also background information, which I released, shows that the god Le-Roof chose Alis Landale to fight along side him being the first “Chosen Child”. In Chapter 2 I stated that Re-Faze was going to search for a chosen child. That child turned out to be Autumn who he kept in contact with through certain visions.

Sadly the next chapter, which is sixteen, will conclude this major part of my story: The Elisa Arc. I have a special drawing in mind of Elisa I want to do for that chapter too :wink: . Happy reading guys. :D

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Tue May 11, '10, 2:06 am

Chapter 14: OMG! Poor Elisa! PD is really toying with her now, huh? One minor suggestion: I think you wrote that the black hole was "to the right" of Dezolis, right? Something like that? (Dang, I should have written it down!) Anyway, since "to the right" could be pretty much any direction in terms of space, you might want to leave it out and just stick with the distance (unless it doesn't matter to you).

Woohoo! Chapter 15 had me on the edge of my seat! The appearance of Re-Faze had me cheering! I didn't get the old man from chapter 4 connection because I'm an idiot. :duh: Or, maybe it's because it's been a while since I read that chapter. I bet if I read your chapters continuously right now I'd have gotten it. Awesome connection!

Can't wait for the next chapter, Lucas!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lucas » Tue May 11, '10, 2:17 am

Tanith wrote:One minor suggestion: I think you wrote that the black hole was "to the right" of Dezolis, right? Something like that? (Dang, I should have written it down!) Anyway, since "to the right" could be pretty much any direction in terms of space, you might want to leave it out and just stick with the distance (unless it doesn't matter to you).

Yeah I wasn’t too happy with that either. I might reword it, thanks for pointing that back out.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Tanith » Sat May 22, '10, 2:41 am

Epic conclusion, Lucas! I don't want to say too much because it'll be spoilerific for everyone else, but the inclusion of you-know-who was great. Love the twist at the end; can't wait for the next saga!

Oh, and your drawing was so sweet. Dawww! I'm so happy for Elisa.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

PreviousNext

Return to Reviews