Reviews of The Final Showdown

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of The Final Showdown

Postby Review Type S-2 » Fri Mar 11, '11, 12:40 pm

Hello,

This topic is for reviews of The Final Showdown by H-Man. You may use this topic to let H-Man know what you think of this work. When commenting, try to go into detail about what you enjoyed or thought could be improved. Both praise and constructive criticism are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive criticisms.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of The Final Showdown. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Thoul
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of The Final Showdown

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Mar 11, '11, 1:03 pm

Great fanfic. Words mean nothing if they are not backed up with actions. When someone does the right thing, he doesn't have to say a word, he doesn't have to ask for forgiveness for his mistakes.
Sari did a good job showing Lune that, to be accepted, it was not a matter of diplomacy. It was a matter of starting doing the things the right way. Things should be that way in real life as well.
The Crys part is fun. I never imagine him a crazy boy, but I think he owes something from his mother :p
And Ayn... of course he owes his good character to his mother ;)

Loved it. I hope you keep writing great PS fanfics :D
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby augmentedfourth » Fri Mar 11, '11, 3:39 pm

It seems that "warrior" Kara doesn't make an appearance in fanfic all that often (come to think of it, Crys doesn't either), so it was interesting reading about her portrayed in this way. Sad, but completely believable.

Sari and Ayn work well together here, you made their interactions seem very natural. Ayn didn't really get a ton of characterization in the game, so it was nice to see him being a good-natured, easy-going guy.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby carlsojos » Sat Mar 12, '11, 12:26 am

Good story, interesting premise. It's definitely a case of how an apology is best when shown rather than spoken. Nice job.
Last edited by carlsojos on Sat Mar 12, '11, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
In some stories, the princess is her own hero....
carlsojos
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 116

Postby Xander » Wed Mar 23, '11, 7:03 pm

Well let's see. This was a good one, so here's a review of sorts.

First off: Sword shot from bow. Physically impossible yes, but also really funny. :p

As for the fiction itself. Good job again. Besides the fact that Crys and Kara don't get much portrayal, I find neither Sari and Ayn get much either. You've written a nice portrayal of these two here. You've written both quite well, keeping them in character while also writing them up to be a king and queen now, shown in how they handle the situation with Lune. (Or how Ayn hides in the corner reading while Sari gives Lune a proper telling off. ^^ )

Anyway, very well done. I'd like to request you write more fiction for this lot. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 25, '11, 10:59 pm

I always thought it was rather poor of PSIII to let Lune off the hook for everything with no consequences or reparations for the destruction of Satera. It's very cathartic to see Sari taking him to task here. The lessons Lune learned here about doing instead of talking could benefit a lot of people. It's also good to see that Sari didn't lose any of her fire after all those years. :D

Too bad we can't see Crys trying that sword and bow stunt. That sounds like it would make a great fan art. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Reviews