Reviews of A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf

Comment and review the writings of other members.

Reviews of A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf

Postby Review Type S-2 » Fri Aug 26, '11, 3:49 pm

Hello,

You may use this topic to share your thoughts regarding A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf by tilinelson2. When reviewing, try to go into detail about what you enjoy or feel could be improved in A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf. Both praise and constructive criticism intended to help tilinelson2 in future endeavors are encouraged. Please refrain from making non-constructive comments.

Please keep your comments in this thread on the subject of A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf. If you would like to discuss another writing, please do so in that writing's review thread.

Thanks,
Fringes of Algo Staff
Review Type S-2
Posting Robot

Achievements: 20

Re: Reviews of A Day in the Life of Dr. Kempf

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 29, '11, 5:48 pm

That was a good story. Yes, a bit dark, but not all that much, especially considering how dark some of the world is today, etc.

I sort of felt a bit of admiration for the doctor in the way that he first refused to accept the findings of the other doctors and decided to make his own mind up and do his own examination, etc. That takes guts and dedication of some type. Even though in the end, he followed the same path as previously done before, he still felt something in his heart and soul, and that's a beginning of sorts.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Mon Sep 19, '11, 5:23 pm

That was a particularly disturbing story, but then, practically anything written about Germany during that time period is bound to be. I remember reading Night during my Freshman year of high school and getting a good feeling of just how horrible things really were in WW2-era Germany. The story is well-written, although there are a few Portuguese-isms in your writing, like "take a decision" (it should read "make a decision"), that stand out. If you haven't watched it, I suggest you track down and watch "Judgement at Nuremburg", which deals with trials of war criminals after WW2 and mentions in some detail the sad fates that people with intellectual handicaps suffered.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Sep 20, '23, 5:11 pm

Dark perhaps, but I liked it!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499