Revamping the PS Dream Casts

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Revamping the PS Dream Casts

Postby augmentedfourth » Tue Aug 19, '14, 9:55 pm

As I said in the Getting to Know you thread, while the original Phantasy Star Dream Casts were a lot of fun, they're a little outdated. (Also, though some casting choices were brilliant, I also disagreed strongly with others. There, I said it. :p ) So if we were to cast an epic series of Phantasy Star movies, who would you choose to portray the characters?

I'll kick things off by repeating what I said in the other thread and pick Saoirse Ronan for Alis. She's a great actress and I think there's a strong physical resemblance.

I'll also choose Jennifer Lawrence for Shir, as she's naturally fun and flirty, but I think she could bring some depth to the role and not make Shir purely comic relief. Also, as evidenced by her past roles, she's not opposed to changing her hair color and style when necessary. :D
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Re: Revamping the PS Dream Casts

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Aug 19, '14, 10:50 pm

The only thing I can think of at the moment is Liam Neeson for Raja. Because you know. The first thing I think of when it comes to a funny priest is Liam Neeson.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Wed Aug 20, '14, 3:03 am

Paul McGann as Lutz. Sure, McGann's 51 years old and not exactly what anybody would consider bishonen, but the man's got a hell of a "keep calm, this is a crisis" voice.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Aug 20, '14, 3:28 am

Oh oh oh... I know! David Tennant as Hahn Mahlay!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Aug 20, '14, 4:10 am

Man, I'm gonna have to think about this, but I do agree that Saoirse Ronan would be good as Alis. I just saw her in Byzantium recently, and she was fantastic. I think she has the quiet strength to play Alis.

Now that I think about it Michael Fassbender would be awesome as Lassic. He has the imposing, but thoughtful, look, and we know he can play a compelling villain.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby augmentedfourth » Wed Aug 20, '14, 6:08 pm

Atlinsmere wrote:Oh oh oh... I know! David Tennant as Hahn Mahlay!

At first I really liked this (still do), but the more I think about it, I think Tennant might be a better Hugh. I don't know, Hahn just seems more serious to me.

But along the lines of PSIV, I thought of Jewel Staite for Rika. She can do cute and cheerful really well (see: Kaylee in Firefly), but could convincingly slash adversaries to bits with her claws.

Lastly (for now!), I thought it would be hilarious if Amanda Seyfried played Maia and Samantha Barks played Lena so they could reprise their love triangle from Les Miserables, with Seyfried as the mysterious beauty who gets taken away and Barks as the plucky girl-next-door type with a big ol' crush who comes to save the day. And hey, if Rhys chooses the latter, she doesn't have to die on the barricades when Lune's forces invade! :mrgreen:
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Icecypher » Mon Sep 22, '14, 9:19 pm

A Phantasy Star II movie that would get some teenage fans:

Rolf/ Yousis: Zac Efron.
Nei: Dakota Fanning.
Rudo/ Rudger: Daniel Cudmore.
Amy/ Anne: Ellen Page.
Hugh/ Huey: Caleb Landry Jones.
Kain/ Kainz: Cody Linley.
Anna/ Amia: Megan Fox.
Shir/ Shilka: Danielle Panabaker.
Tyler: Chris Hemsworth.

I know this is centered on looks and ability to get certain types of fandom, but more than one of these actors and actresses can act pretty well, and the others are, at least, good enough. With some good direction they could make it work, and we know some of these names alone would bring people to watch it.
:yes:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Snorb » Mon Sep 22, '14, 10:27 pm

I dunno, I see Jewel Staite as Kyra more than I see her as Rika. (Besides, she already had rainbow-colored hair on Space Cases back in the 90s, so she can have entirely blue hair. XD)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby augmentedfourth » Mon Sep 22, '14, 11:16 pm

I could also see Jewel Staite as Kyra, I wouldn't argue too vehemently (though my preference is still to have her as Rika). And I watched Space Cases back in the day. :D

I really like the idea of Ellen Page as Amy Sage (oh ho ho, it even rhymes!). I think they both kind of give off the quiet/serious yet strong vibe. You probably wouldn't want to mess with either one of them.
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Icecypher » Mon Sep 22, '14, 11:48 pm

augmentedfourth wrote:I really like the idea of Ellen Page as Amy Sage (oh ho ho, it even rhymes!). I think they both kind of give off the quiet/serious yet strong vibe. You probably wouldn't want to mess with either one of them.

Exactly what I was thinking! I may have been put in that state of mind by watching the "unforgiving" Amy pic by Xander earlier today. :yes:

It is kind of like Bernadette from the Big Bang Theory. She is small, cute and the nicest person ever. Except when she is not.

And this is the girl in charge of injections.
:yell:

Edit: BTW, I was considering Zoe Saldana for Amia, too. She would bring the "beautiful" and the "action" to the "beautiful action girl". But since I do not know exactly what age she would have to be, I went with the younger Megan Fox (and she would be a better fit in a movie that is so centered on teen fans as this dream cast seems to be).
Last edited by Icecypher on Mon Sep 22, '14, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Next

Return to Classic Series