Amazing sites you have seen

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Amazing sites you have seen

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Apr 27, '14, 8:45 pm

I thought this might be an interesting topic for discussion for everyone. What are some amazing sites you have seen? You know, something that absolutely took your breath away as you gazed on it or watched it happen. It can be pictures or anything in nature, space, music, entertainment, or other fields. As always, please remember the board rules when posting.

This topic came to mind one day last week as I was looking out of our kitchen window. It was the middle of the day about noon and there up in the sky in broad daylight was the Moon!! Of course, I know the Moon is always in the sky but we usually can not see it in the daytime hours, but sometimes we can. It just struck me then how amazing that was and what a beautiful site to see.

Anyone else seen any amazing sites?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Amazing sites you have seen

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 27, '14, 9:21 pm

I can remember seeing the passage/way to the year 2000 ! That was very strange even if in reality it was another day passing :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Apr 27, '14, 9:58 pm

The Gojira show last year. Seriously.

I also have a 'take your breath away' moment pretty much anytime I'm at the ocean shore. In fact, last time I was at the shore was Deer Island Park north of the airport. It's part of Boston Harbor. While there, I had several lovely sites all at once. For one, it's near the ocean, so there's that. Two, there are several (large) windmills there that help to power the biggest wastewater treatment plant/biogas generator in the country. Near the base of the windmills are large solar panel arrays. To me look at all that, then watching a pair of Peregrine Falcons glide overhead was definitely an amazing site, at least to me.

I'm willing to admit I love windmills and find them lovely to look at just in general.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Apr 27, '14, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby S4Blade » Mon Apr 28, '14, 12:01 am

Flying into Las Vegas at night for the first time years and years ago. It's really a site to behold. It's lit up like Time Square, and on the outskirts of the city is just total darkness. It shows you that despite how enormous Las Vegas is, it's truly a marvelous man made city.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Thu May 1, '14, 9:51 pm

Ah Las Vegas ! One of my friend, who was working in the USA, have visited this city and show me some photos : that was astounding ! Maybe someday I'll be able to see it too :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Bragatyr » Sat May 3, '14, 5:29 am

One of the most memorably pretty things I can remember seeing is spotting a group of dolphins on the water just beyond the pier on a little lamp-lit bay in Grand Isle, Louisiana. They looked pink, because of the light, I guess, I don't know what their actual color was, but they were really amazing, just the way they were moving.

Looking out from Lookout Mountain in the Appalachians was really cool, too. I don't do a lot of mountain climbing, so yeah. Also, Ruby Falls and the Lost Sea are nothing short of amazing. Yeah, come to think of it, Ruby Falls is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, that's probably why I'm into dwarves and would be a dwarf in a fantasy setting, because the earth and the underground are just mysteriously beautiful and haunting.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sat May 3, '14, 12:07 pm

Bragatyr : Ah ! Dolphins are so great animals ! One of my dreams is to see dolphins one day ansd WHY NOT try to swim with them ? That could be something like paradise for me.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Return to Casual Conversation